1:150 Autistic? I Doubt It

Kathianne
The 1944 thing can easily be verified. Just google 1944 + asperger.

{WARNING: bit of nitpicking on my side coming up.}
Asperger syndrome as a fashionable diagnosis is slightly older than you seem to think.
That started somewhere in the 1990's. Those things always flare up a few years before the government starts with the special handouts. In the Netherlands for example the year that the government started to allocate special funds for everything related to autism was 1999.

Kathianne
The 1944 thing can easily be verified. Just google 1944 + asperger.

{WARNING: bit of nitpicking on my side coming up.}
Asperger syndrome as a fashionable diagnosis is slightly older than you seem to think.
That started somewhere in the 1990's. Those things always flare up a few years before the government starts with the special handouts. In the Netherlands for example the year that the government started to allocate special funds for everything related to autism was 1999.

I've figured out searching, but thanks. I already said fine for 1944. Good for the Netherlands, but my response was on US schools suddenly coming out with all these suggestions that parents discuss the possibility with their pediatrician.

Kathianne
When it comes to autism (and a whole host of other things), the Netherlands follows the trends set inside the USA and not the other way around.
So what I was trying to say is that the Asperger hausse you spotted most likely has been going on longer than you realized.

Kathianne
When it comes to autism (and a whole host of other things), the Netherlands follows the trends set inside the USA and not the other way around.
So what I was trying to say is that the Asperger hausse you spotted most likely has been going on longer than you realized.

In actuality, I'm speaking as a teacher and the materials sent to both schools and teachers on what to 'look for'. We are seeing less and less of ADD/ADHD materials, but I must get at least 10 on Asperger's during an average week. So it's being 'pushed.'

Please everyone note, on this thread there was some 'playing' with my spelling, thus quotes. In one 'quote' to me, I'm referred to as 'Kathrine', not quite...

the responsible poster has been put on notice.

To all, it's not ok to 'quote' and change.

im on notice ,your on notice ! the whole dam place is on notice !

p.s a rose by any other name..........

Kathianne
Point taken.
I did a bit of volunteer work for an organization that represented the interests of parents of children with various forms of autism. You've seen the end result, I've seen some of the work that made it fashionable to diagnose kids with a mild form of autism.

Autism is part of the Liberal mythological pantheon. It was invented by some liberal educational psychologists for two reasons: (1) To give lazy children an excuse to continue to perform poorly in school, after all, they were born lazy and therefore should not be blamed... Outcome based education, baby!... and to (2) give liberal doctors a chance to test the effectiveness of what I call "Dim-o-Creepization techniques" whereby children are made dumb or - jackpot! - catatonic through the use of medicines or special teaching methods so that they are more susceptible to indoctrination into the Church of Liberalism.

As an aside, liberalism IS a church, you know. A liberal rails against the faith of the Christian or the Jew, in spite of the fact that his/her conception of the benevolvent Mega-Nanny State, that provides everything you need and is far more efficient than any private company, IS FAITH BY DEFINITION SINCE IT HAS NEVER, DOES NOT, AND WILL NEVER EXIST!!!!!!!!!! LIBERALS ARE THE MOST DOGMATIC, RELIGIOUS, FAITH-BASED PEOPLE AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back