1-1-11

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
1-1-11 The Numbers: What do they mean??

Tweets and fb statuses all over have read 1-11-11, shorthand for today’s date. However what do the number’s mean?

Numerologist Patricia Kirkman, the author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide Numerology Workbook says that the repetition of the number one drives home the connection the number has with new beginnings, but believes the year is the most important feature of today’s date. Kirkman told Voice of America’s Suzanne Presto: “When we add that to what’s going on around us, 2011, it’s the ‘two’ first. ‘Two’ is about partnerships, emotional, the peacemaker, or hidden secrets.”

Kirkman referred to 2011 as a “four year” (2 + 0 + 1 + 1 = four) and believes that the number four will have a big influence on everyone in 2011. “Four is square. Four is the box. Four wants everything done right. And so we are now going into a universal year that says, ‘I don’t care what you did last year. It doesn’t matter anymore.’ Now we’ve got to take a look at building a stronger foundation.”

I’m student of history and when I was thinking about today’s date, I remembered a passage from one of my favourite reads. In the bible (Ecclesiastes 1:1-11) reads:

1:1 The words of the Teacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem: 2 “Futile! Futile!” laments the Teacher, “Absolutely futile! Everything is futile!” 3 What benefit do people get from all the effort which they expend on earth? 4 A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same through the ages. 5 The sun rises and the sun sets; it hurries away to a place from which it rises again. 6 The wind goes to the south and circles around to the north; round and round the wind goes and on its rounds it returns. 7 All the streams flow into the sea, but the sea is not full, and to the place where the streams flow, there they will flow again. 8 All this monotony is tiresome; no one can bear to describe it: The eye is never satisfied with seeing, nor is the ear ever content with hearing. 9 What exists now is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; there is nothing truly new on earth. 10 Is there anything about which someone can say, “Look at this! It is new!”? It was already done long ago, before our time. 11 No one remembers the former events, nor will anyone remember the events that are yet to happen; they will not be remembered by the future generations.

Those of you who know me, know I’m not religious, but I appreciate interesting and inspiring stories wherever I find them. That passage reads to me as: “Here today, gone tomorrow.”

Both Kirkman and Ecclesiastes provide us with some valuable things to think about going forward. Each day we have a chance to make things right, to try something new, to do things differently and what better reason to act on what we feel than a reminder of life’s fragility and finite nature?

On this first day of the new year, I’ll be baring in mind the “messages in the numbers”. It’s kind of building on what I said in my end of year post – treasure with your actions what you treasure in thought and get a move on with it!

1-1-11 The Numbers: What do they mean?? | WeAreHQ

I've been reading about the numerologist's theories regarding this New Year's Date. This one made the most sense to me. Interesting and fun reading today.

one plus two plus two plus one.

no... it was one plus two plus ONE plus one.

One at Mr. Body, Two at the lock, One at the chandelier and One at the singing telegram girl.

One plus two plus.... OH WHO CARES! The point is this gun still has one bullet left!

Forum List

Back