1,000s of negative responses to Huckabee's defense of Child Molester Josh Duggar

The eldest son of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar has admitted to sexually molesting children 12 years ago.

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably, for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Joshua Duggar tells People magazine. "I confessed this to my parents, who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities, where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."
that's what they all say !
to add insult to injury he said god has forgiving him !
convenient eh!

What part of younger sisters do you fail to grasp? What part of without consent do you fail to grasp?
I fail to grasp none of it.

None of the parties involved were legally competent, with respect to Consent.

Including the so-called perpetrator.
Bullshit. A fourteen year old is old enough to know that molesting his younger sisters is wrong.
Thank you for your opinion.

Both the police and the judge who chose to expunge the record thought differently.

Your mileage may vary.
An expungement practically unheard of in Arkansas history, but when you are part of a now rich "Christian" family with deep political ties to powerful people, looks like anything is possible.

So much for morals and ethics.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
Not to mention that it happened just a couple of days ago. Something really stinks here.

It stinks to high Heaven.

Mike Huckabee attacked on Facebook for post DEFENDING Josh Duggar Daily Mail Online

Subtitle:

'You sir just lost my vote!': GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee attacked on Facebook for post DEFENDING Josh Duggar amid child molestation scandal

Some of the text:

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee was hit with a barrage of furious criticism this weekend after he pledged his support to reality TV star Josh Duggar in the wake of his molestation scandal.

Several Arkansas Republicans have rallied behind the Duggar family, which is still engaged in state politics. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar attended the kickoff event earlier this month for Huckabee, who supported the family in a post on Friday.

'Those who have enjoyed revealing this long ago sins in order to discredit the Duggar family have actually revealed their own insensitive bloodthirst,' wrote Huckabee.

Soon after, Huckabee himself became the focus of considerable bloodthirst.

'I respectfully disagree. His behavior is unforgivable to me and so is covering it up and allowing it to continue. Can't hide behind Jesus to excuse all bad behavior,' wrote Andy Dittmaier on Friday.

His comment has since received over 7,000 likes and is among thousands of other responses, many of them far angrier, to the former governor's post.

'You're DEFENDING these despicable people,' posted Kevin Carden. 'This is a big part of the reason you have never been successful in your campaign for the presidency.'

'You're DEFENDING these despicable people?' raged Facebook user Kevin Carden. 'This is a big part of the reason you have never been successful in your campaign for the presidency.'

'SIXTEEEN people executed in Arkansas while you were Governor, where was your belief in redemption then' Steve Scarborough asked the avowed evangelical politician. ....

I suspect that for GOP candidates riding the Evangelical circuit and milking the Evangelical cow, this is an issue that will not go immediately away.

I personally can understand that Huckabee wants to stick with his friends, but calling criticism of a now known child molester is not "bloodlust".

Do you support Mike Huckabee's continued support of Child Molester Josh Duggar?

Explain your reasons for YES or NO.
That is a completely dishonest OP by a dishonest partisan.

You dispute the reporting of the Daily Mail? Really?

Mike Huckabee attacked on Facebook for post DEFENDING Josh Duggar Daily Mail Online

Subtitle:

'You sir just lost my vote!': GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee attacked on Facebook for post DEFENDING Josh Duggar amid child molestation scandal

Some of the text:

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee was hit with a barrage of furious criticism this weekend after he pledged his support to reality TV star Josh Duggar in the wake of his molestation scandal.

Several Arkansas Republicans have rallied behind the Duggar family, which is still engaged in state politics. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar attended the kickoff event earlier this month for Huckabee, who supported the family in a post on Friday.

'Those who have enjoyed revealing this long ago sins in order to discredit the Duggar family have actually revealed their own insensitive bloodthirst,' wrote Huckabee.

Soon after, Huckabee himself became the focus of considerable bloodthirst.

'I respectfully disagree. His behavior is unforgivable to me and so is covering it up and allowing it to continue. Can't hide behind Jesus to excuse all bad behavior,' wrote Andy Dittmaier on Friday.

His comment has since received over 7,000 likes and is among thousands of other responses, many of them far angrier, to the former governor's post.

'You're DEFENDING these despicable people,' posted Kevin Carden. 'This is a big part of the reason you have never been successful in your campaign for the presidency.'

'You're DEFENDING these despicable people?' raged Facebook user Kevin Carden. 'This is a big part of the reason you have never been successful in your campaign for the presidency.'

'SIXTEEEN people executed in Arkansas while you were Governor, where was your belief in redemption then' Steve Scarborough asked the avowed evangelical politician. ....

I suspect that for GOP candidates riding the Evangelical circuit and milking the Evangelical cow, this is an issue that will not go immediately away.

I personally can understand that Huckabee wants to stick with his friends, but calling criticism of a now known child molester is not "bloodlust".

Do you support Mike Huckabee's continued support of Child Molester Josh Duggar?

Explain your reasons for YES or NO.
That is a completely dishonest OP by a dishonest partisan.

You dispute the reporting of the Daily Mail? Really?
I'm talking about you.

...Child molesters apparently never grow away from their desire to molest children. This guy's life should be scrutinized to the extreme.
How many times have each of us heard about sexual dalliances between siblings? To some extent or another.

Are all of those who so-engage in their formative years to be considered 'child molesters'?

Personally, I find the concept abhorrent, as do a great many people, and have not experienced such things myself, but I know those amongst several families of our old acquaintance who have, and, of course, we are dealing with matters of law here.

What is the legal basis for such scrutinization? And by whom? Who passes judgment on a non-existent case? Who is qualified to do so?
Yeah, what's wrong with "stick yer something something in her pussy" among siblings, right? Whee!!!

... that is just utterly batshit crazy.

There's PLENTY wrong with it, and I wasn't saying any such thing, and you damned-well know it...

I repeat the questions...

What is the legal basis for such continued scrutinization? And by whom?

...So much for morals and ethics...
Yep...

So?

If you were the father of those kids, you might have taken much the same course...

Mind you, I, for one, would certainly have insisted upon some fairly substantial psychiatric counseling for the 14-year-old, and for any of the siblings that were cognizant of the abuse.

And, if the kid looked like a Lost Cause, I might have been tempted to warehouse him, although it would kill me to do it.

But, it would appear that the family deemed it sufficiently safe, that there would be no repeat of such behaviors or no further risk to the victimized child(ren), by whatever gauge they used, and they moved on, from there, once they'd gone through the motions and reported the matter as a matter of conscience and good stewardship of those victimized.

Must've been one helluva tough call, to involve the authorities in the first place, and, realistically speaking, I'm not terribly surprised that they dragged their feet for as long as they did before reporting it.

And, everything else aside...

If my kid got into such trouble, and was unlikely to get into that kind of trouble again, and I have the money and influence to bury the thing at-law, I probably would have done so.

So would you.

What parent knowingly condemns their child and destroys their future, when even a sliver or shadow of a doubt remains, that doing so would do more harm than good?

Between a rock and a hard place, to say the least.

Tough call, either way.

...Not to mention that it happened just a couple of days ago. Something really stinks here.
Probably smelled reporters getting too close to the story so they arranged to have the documentation destroyed, so that it never happened, at-law.

Say what you will about the way the parents handled this, but you really can't blame 'em for sweeping-away the bread crumbs.

Any of us would have done the same, under similar circumstances.

"If my kid got into such trouble, and was unlikely to get into that kind of trouble again, and I have the money and influence to bury the thing at-law, I probably would have done so.

So would you."

Speak for yourself, Kondor. i would not. I believe in personal responsibility.

If any of my boys were to molest someone they'd be better off hiding in a jail cell than coming home for "forgiveness." I think the only exception would be some kind of drug/alcohol addiction, then I think I'd be willing to drive them to rehab...

mudd its been all over the news.....and no one is telling anyone to be shocked....i find the whole think shocking and disgusting..his so call...apology is just a serious of 'i' and 'me' ......very little concern for his victims or the truth...this is truly not a left or right issue....this is simply a child molester who has been exposed...his parents did him no favors covering hits up for all these years...and i just dont believe there were only 5 victims but that will come out....as this has....and as i have said they did what parents do...protect their son...but where was the protection for their daughters....and knowing you have this secret you go on nation tv

I don't watch "The News".

Basically a liberal press.....bought and paid for by Democrats...spoonfeeding your news to you so they can shape your opinions and warp your morals along with your sense of what is right and what is wrong. Turning decent people into total idiots.
Nope.....Don't watch it.

Why is that ?
That must be a rhetorical question.

I fail to grasp none of it.

None of the parties involved were legally competent, with respect to Consent.

Including the so-called perpetrator.
Bullshit. A fourteen year old is old enough to know that molesting his younger sisters is wrong.
Thank you for your opinion.

Both the police and the judge who chose to expunge the record thought differently.

Your mileage may vary.
An expungement practically unheard of in Arkansas history, but when you are part of a now rich "Christian" family with deep political ties to powerful people, looks like anything is possible.

So much for morals and ethics.

Not to mention that it happened just a couple of days ago. Something really stinks here.

It stinks to high Heaven.
You got that right.

My guess is the station knew about his past and is using it now to help Democrats.

They want everyone to feel that these kinds of people are all perverts......just like they did the Catholic Church.

Its facebook...what % of if was found to be bots and fake accounts.................
not to mention Hucklebuck has as much chance as Jeb......zero

Forum List

Back