$ 1 0 , 6 1 2 , 1 4 1 , 0 7 7 , 5 1 2 . 8 3

Skeptik

Astute observer
Oct 19, 2008
The late great Bear Flag Republic
That is the national debt, as of today.

Add to that the projected deficit of, oh, say maybe a trillion dollars for this year.

And, add in the $825 billion that Congress and the new pres wants to spend to restart the economy,

And, eventually, we'll be talking about some real money.

Right now, your share of the debt is only a measly $34,740.13, just pocket change to us rich Americans, right? That's a mere $138,960.52 for a family of four. Why, all we have to do is not buy that new Lexus LS 450, and we can save half of that amount, maybe more. We can get along with last year's model for a while longer, can't we?

Let's keep borrowing and spending. Maybe we'll get the economy back on track without making any sacrifices.

Or, maybe not.

Let's take a moment to thank all the politicians who voted for the various taxpayer-funded bail-outs...

I don't think those numbers are even in the 10 trillion national debt yet....!!!!

we added 5 trillion the past 8 years to the 5.6 trillion national debt accumilated....and I am pretty certain the stupid bailout money ain't in it yet!!!! :eek:

Care

I don't think those numbers are even in the 10 trillion national debt yet....!!!!

we added 5 trillion the past 8 years to the 5.6 trillion national debt accumilated....and I am pretty certain the stupid bailout money ain't in it yet!!!! :eek:

Care

Don't Forget Obama promises a Trillion dollar deficit every year for the foreseeable future. That would be 8 trillion in 8 years assuming he gets reelected and doesn't ask for even more.

Don't Forget Obama promises a Trillion dollar deficit every year for the foreseeable future. That would be 8 trillion in 8 years assuming he gets reelected and doesn't ask for even more.

Let's compare what Bush was facing when he took office from Clinton with what Obama is facing as he takes office from Bush. A stark contrast...

And, Bush promised to cut the deficit in half in four years when he was debating Kerry.

That trumped Kerry's promise to cut it in half in five years, of course.

Maybe Obama won't keep his promise about the deficit either.

read the Bible in Revelation where it speaks of the new Mystery Babylon...all buy and sell goods with her....and how "riches will never be found in her again"....that could be us...???

yeah, we are in big, big trouble ahead....trillion dollar yearly deficits will be the death of us....

Obama's stimulus package is a mere smidgeon of the deficits and debt accumilation to come though....so we were put on the path of these deficits BEFORE he takes office....

This does not mean i am some Obamaite heading blindly ahead on change and hope...i still see no hope....none what so ever, of things getting better.

Care

I always laughed at what Dennis Miller said about the Natinal Debt

"deficit" lol Do we actually owe someone this money? Just don't pay them...fuck em.

lol

A war and a tax cut had never occurred at the same time before W did it. That was just the beginning...

Nothing, that would be Congress' job like the Constitution says.

I don't think the Fed will go that easily. IOW I doubt the head of the fed gives a shit about the Constitution.

I think we should just go ahead and arrest them - like Monday morning... what do you think?

Forum List

Back