01/03/2011: First Order of Business?

Yeah, I am dying to see a Republican Congress put up a balanced budget, with all the tax cuts continuing and with increased defense spending,

that will be a must-see magic show.

Both of Obama's Budgets increased Defense spending. Learn to live in reality.

You think Republicans will cut back defense spending?

They would cut back on spending that actually helps the troops with health and social services.

But weapon systems..never.

They are talking about bring back the missile defense system..which does not work.

Yeah, I am dying to see a Republican Congress put up a balanced budget, with all the tax cuts continuing and with increased defense spending,

Which sort of flies in the face of the Conservative mantra that he's "anti-military"..

Doesn't it?

No, the mantra is not that he's anti-military, it's that he doesn't wan to win wars. He merely wants to prolong them until some conclusion that makes the most sense for him politically occurs.

Which sort of flies in the face of the Conservative mantra that he's "anti-military"..

Doesn't it?

No, the mantra is not that he's anti-military, it's that he doesn't wan to win wars. He merely wants to prolong them until some conclusion that makes the most sense for him politically occurs.

No wonder people chuckle.

I think declaring Obamacare unconstitutional ought to be.

With Obama's Veto the best you can hope for is De funding Parts of the Health care bill for the next 2 years. And declaring it unconstitutional? Controlling congress will not help with that goal. You need it to move to the supreme court before heaven forbid Obama has a chance to replace one of the Conservative judges on the court. Or that will never happen.
No, I think that a declaration that Obamacare is unconstitutional will serve to nullify the act. It will not require any signature either.
Additionally refusing to fund any enforcement of it will not require any signature.

Put a balanced budget and the repeal of Obamacare on the floor.

It's important to know who votes for and against them.

If you do even a minuscule amount of research, you'll find that a balanced budget is quite impossible without devastating the economy.

C'mon guys, you've got to have more than slogans.

Issue arrest warrants for ex-Senator Boxer and every member of Code Pink that had any connection to delivering $600,000 aid to our enemies in Fallujah.

It's disappointing that Carly Fiorina won't hit Boxer right between the eyes with that. Fiorina is so McCain like, in that way. I know what McCain said about Boxer, but it's not the same as Fiorina doing it.

You and me both. If I were Carly, I would slap that bitch Boxer with it every fucking day.

Personally, I'd be comfortable with her and CP being charged with treason, and would support the death penalty if convicted.

Yes, passing a budget (something the Democrat Congress has refused to do) should be like #2 or 3.

The constitutionality is going to be determined in the courts, but they can defund a lot of Obama care though, those idiots are going to pass the budget in lame duck session with all their goodies. First thing they should do is extend the tax cuts.

Last edited:
Do you have an accounting of how the funds were spent?

My understanding is that the funds were spent on refugees from the Phantom Fury operations. Considering that the insurgents stayed to fight, I don't see how aiding those driven from their homes constitutes aiding and abetting the enemy.

Unless, of course, you consider every Iraqi the enemy. Which doesn't say a lot for our support of Nouri or Karzai.

Doesn't it?

Do you mean until the aircraft carrier comes home to parade around the top deck, while wearing them strapped silky pants & a space helmet?? Maybe Obama will go up to the space station and use his TelePrompTer to give another magnificent speech that the Universe can hear. He is the greatest president ever.............

With Obama's Veto the best you can hope for is De funding Parts of the Health care bill for the next 2 years. And declaring it unconstitutional? Controlling congress will not help with that goal. You need it to move to the supreme court before heaven forbid Obama has a chance to replace one of the Conservative judges on the court. Or that will never happen.
No, I think that a declaration that Obamacare is unconstitutional will serve to nullify the act. It will not require any signature either.
Additionally refusing to fund any enforcement of it will not require any signature.

LMAO!! And on what grounds is it unconstitutional??

Issue arrest warrants for ex-Senator Boxer and every member of Code Pink that had any connection to delivering $600,000 aid to our enemies in Fallujah.

whats wrong with delivering humanitarian aid?

According to Article III of the the US Constitution: treason against the United States to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort. This offence is punished with death.

I'm fine with humanitarian aid.... unless that aid is going to our enemies. So, put them in court and let them defend their actions. And, if they're guilty, shoot them, fry them, give them the needle, I don't care.

LMAO!! And on what grounds is it unconstitutional??

MyHeritage.org: Is Obamacare Constitutional?

If the Republicans control the House and have a substantial number in the Senate, they better focus immediately on the next 6 months. If instead they start massive investigations and work only on attempts to pass measures that get vetoed, they are dead in 2012.

whats wrong with delivering humanitarian aid?

According to Article III of the the US Constitution: treason against the United States to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort. This offence is punished with death.

I'm fine with humanitarian aid.... unless that aid is going to our enemies. So, put them in court and let them defend their actions. And, if they're guilty, shoot them, fry them, give them the needle, I don't care.

Again, if giving aid to the civilians pushed out of their homes due to battles we engage in is giving aid to the enemy, then the Marshall plan was treason.

One of the compelling lessons the Islamist wanna-bes should have taken from that battle was the wholesale fleeing of the foreign insurgents and the final result of what happens to your neighborhood when you turn a blind eye.

Doesn't it?

Seems that way yep. Then I have never claimed he was. :)

You think Republicans will cut back defense spending?

No I live in Reality :) I would cut it, but I hold no illusions that Republicans are going to.

I will settle from them ending the march of new massive off budget spending bills, and things like Cap and Trade. I doubt they will be successful or even really try to cut the budget much.

Forum List

Back