01/03/2011: First Order of Business?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
OK, so let's assume the election shakes out with the GOP firmly in control of the House and the Senate evenly divided with Joe Biden providing the tie breaking vote.
What should the first order of business be for the new congress?

I think declaring Obamacare unconstitutional ought to be.
Yes, passing a budget (something the Democrat Congress has refused to do) should be like #2 or 3.

Not much will get done.
There will be a lot of talk and showmanship...but that is about it.

but you asked what SHOULD be...there is no other issue more important than addressing the economy, namely stopping the enormous wasted funds that have been spent this year.

Issue arrest warrants for ex-Senator Boxer and every member of Code Pink that had any connection to delivering $600,000 aid to our enemies in Fallujah.

Issue arrest warrants for ex-Senator Boxer and every member of Code Pink that had any connection to delivering $600,000 aid to our enemies in Fallujah.

It's disappointing that Carly Fiorina won't hit Boxer right between the eyes with that. Fiorina is so McCain like, in that way. I know what McCain said about Boxer, but it's not the same as Fiorina doing it.

Yes, passing a budget (something the Democrat Congress has refused to do) should be like #2 or 3.

LMAO! This is how the hateys of the Right think.................. Ignore the economy and 300 million people, lets spend a year of frevilous time & millions attempting to do the impossible!!!

With Obama's Veto the best you can hope for is De funding Parts of the Health care bill for the next 2 years. And declaring it unconstitutional? Controlling congress will not help with that goal. You need it to move to the supreme court before heaven forbid Obama has a chance to replace one of the Conservative judges on the court. Or that will never happen.

Put a balanced budget and the repeal of Obamacare on the floor.

It's important to know who votes for and against them.
Pass a bunch of tax and spending cuts and let Obama veto them. Let the nation see which party is serious about the budget.

"Witch Hunts" are out of the question.

Put a balanced budget and the repeal of Obamacare on the floor.

It's important to know who votes for and against them.

Do you mean to say there is no congressional record of who voted for Kennedy Care? Balanced budget?? LMAO!! You will never see one of those again. How are you going to balance a budget when you have idiots calling for an impeachment & investigation, etc.

Yeah, I am dying to see a Republican Congress put up a balanced budget, with all the tax cuts continuing and with increased defense spending,

that will be a must-see magic show.

OK, so let's assume the election shakes out with the GOP firmly in control of the House and the Senate evenly divided with Joe Biden providing the tie breaking vote.
What should the first order of business be for the new congress?

1. Conduct an audit of 2009 appropriations and put a bill on the floor in both chambers to defund wasteful allocations.

2. Conduct a simple yes/no vote on all Judicial nominees. Clear the backlog and move forward.

3. Put a bill on the floor in both chambers to end all earmarks by requiring any budget items be funded as budget items, not amendments to other bills.

Yeah, I am dying to see a Republican Congress put up a balanced budget, with all the tax cuts continuing and with increased defense spending,

Yes, balance the budget and fix the economy again. LMAO!!!:lol::lol:

Yes, balance the budget and fix the economy again. LMAO!!!:lol::lol:

Oh right, I forgot. While they're putting tens of thousands of Americans out of work with their balancing of the budget, then we can see how they propose to find THOSE people jobs on top of the 10% unemployment problem they're already claiming they can fix.

Both of Obama's Budgets increased Defense spending. Learn to live in reality.

You think Republicans will cut back defense spending?

Both of Obama's Budgets increased Defense spending. Learn to live in reality.

Which sort of flies in the face of the Conservative mantra that he's "anti-military"..

Doesn't it?

Forum List

Back