0 to 2000 meters, the ocean is warming!

Now we have heard much BS about the ocean cooling. Here are the real facts.

Skeptical Science explains how we know global warming is happening: It’s the oceans, stupid! « Climate Progress

Now I’m sure the deniers and delayers out there are shrieking, “There are peer reviewed analyses that document that upper ocean warming has halted since 2003!” — a claim I dealt with in my July post, “Like father, like son: Roger Pielke Sr. also doesn’t understand the science of global warming — or just chooses to willfully misrepresent it.”

Subsequently, however, another JGR article, “Global hydrographic variability patterns during 2003–2008” (subs. req’d, draft here) details an analysis of “monthly gridded global temperature and salinity fields from the near-surface layer down to 2000 m depth based on Argo measurements.” Background on Argo here. Their findings are summed up in this figure:

Figure [2]: Time series of global mean heat storage (0–2000 m), measured in 108 Jm-2.

Still warming, after all these years! And just where you’d expect it. The study makes clear that upper ocean heat content, perhaps not surprisingly, is simply far more variable than deeper ocean heat content, and thus an imperfect indicator of the long-term warming trend.

Nothing your faux "science: ever tells us will be believed now.

Your heros have been exposed as ideologues and fakes. All about the money... as usual.

I'm not following exactly what you are saying. The Argo Array was fully deployed in 2003 and for 4 years recorded decreasing an flat temperature in the oceans. Over the last 3 months, there has been some marginal warming, but it is distressing that the data has been revised to make it more accurate.

Well, more accurate compared to what?

Pleae review the following article that is linked. The comments that follow the article are equally interesting.

Recent Ocean Heat and MLO CO2 Trends « Watts Up With That?

Forum List

Back