US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God

This is a discussion on New Scientific Evidence for the Existence of God within the Religion and Ethics forums, part of the US Discussion category; Quote: Originally Posted by JScott Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images. Quote: Originally Posted ...


Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Religion and Ethics

Religion and Ethics Religion, Philosophy and the discussion of right and wrong

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 03:36 AM
Skull Pilot's Avatar
Mind Your Own Business
Member #7407
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19,635
Thanks: 1,358
Thanked 6,582 Times in 4,046 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

How far in do the teeth have to be for it to be meat eaters teeth?
He ate meat,but was he this predator imagination says he was.
How far in do the teeth have to be for it to be the imagined meat eaters teeth?
You're ignoring the part where the religious wacko believes that man actually hunted dinosaurs.
__________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."-Albert Einstein

The disappearance of a sense of responsibility is the most far-reaching consequence of submission to authority.- Stanley Milgram
Reply With Quote
  #452 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 03:51 AM
I check facts.
Member #21199
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,538
Thanks: 88
Thanked 103 Times in 82 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 23
JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

He ate meat,but was he this predator imagination says he was.
How far in do the teeth have to be for it to be the imagined meat eaters teeth?
Well i have read they were deeply rooted i am not certain because i have done no dental exams on a t-rex. Some people say their teeth are two thirds in the jaw bone but look at their teeth and they have little arms. I can't see those theeth grabbing a big dinosaur and ripping it apart because the teeth couldn't support that pressure and having short front arms i just don't buy them being a predator.

Look.

Tyrannosaurus: Hyena of the Cretaceous | Dinosaur Tracking

So are the dinosaurs as old as evolutionist say ?

T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved


Hillary Mayell
for National Geographic News


March 24, 2005

T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved

Hmm ?????????

Schweitzer's Dangerous Discovery (How did Dinosaur soft tissue survive millions of years?)
Discover ^ | 10/3/2009

Posted on Saturday, October 03, 2009 7Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.29 PM by SeekAndFind

Two years ago, Schweitzer gazed through a microscope in her laboratory at North Carolina State University and saw lifelike tissue that had no business inhabiting a fossilized dinosaur skeleton: fibrous matrix, stretchy like a wet scab on human skin; what appeared to be supple bone cells, their three-dimensional shapes intact; and translucent blood vessels that looked as if they could have come straight from an ostrich at the zoo.

By all the rules of paleontology, such traces of life should have long since drained from the bones. It's a matter of faith among scientists that soft tissue can survive at most for a few tens of thousands of years, not the 65 million since T. rex walked what's now the Hell Creek Formation in Montana. But Schweitzer tends to ignore such dogma. She just looks and wonders, pokes and prods, following her scientific curiosity. That has allowed her to see things other paleontologists have missed—and potentially to shatter fundamental assumptions about how much we can learn from the past. If biological tissue can last through the fossilization process, it could open a window through time, showing not just how extinct animals evolved but how they lived each day. "Fossils have richer stories to tell—about the lub-dub of dinosaur life—than we have been willing to listen to," says Robert T. Bakker, curator of paleontology at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. "This is one spectacular proof of that."

At the same time, the contents of those T. rex bones have also electrified some creationists, who interpret Schweitzer's findings as evidence that Earth is not nearly as old as scientists claim. "I invite the reader to step back and contemplate the obvious," wrote Carl Wieland on the Answers in Genesis Web site last year. "This discovery gives immensely powerful support to the proposition that dinosaur fossils are not millions of years old at all, but were mostly fossilized under catastrophic conditions a few thousand years ago at most."

Rhetoric like this has put Schweitzer at the center of a raging cultural controversy, because she is not just a pioneering paleontologist but also an evangelical Christian. That fact alone has prompted some prominent paleontologists to be even more skeptical about her scientific research. Some creationists have questioned her work from the other direction, pressing her to refute Darwinian evolution. But in her religious life, Schweitzer is no more of an ideologue than she is in her scientific career. In both realms, she operates with a simple but powerful consistency: The best way to understand the glory of the world is to open your eyes and take an honest look at what is out there.

Funny, rhetoric ? it's not rhetoric it's obvious because soft tissue can't last as long as evolutionist the dinosaurs went extinct.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
__________________
We have two choices, live life in a vacuum or learn.

Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead.

~Aristotle~
Reply With Quote
  #453 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered User
Member #20542
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,680
Thanks: 2,390
Thanked 2,607 Times in 1,875 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 571
Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
That is a faulty assumption by evolutionist.
I disagree, and it certainly isn't based on "assumption" but we'll leave that be. If you think the biological classification of families of species are ridiculous, why did you take them seriously and reference them earlier in the thread when you said new species could come about within families?
Speaking your language.

I said a new breed can come from within a family but a breed can't produce a new family. That is what you agreed with.

If you don't agree then prove a breed can produce a new family.By the way do you have an answer to what humans nearest ancestor is ?
Homo sapiens came from within the hominidae family, a new species within a family.

Homo sapiens idaltu is the scientific name of what our nearest ancestor is.
__________________
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"-Jesus
(Matthew 5.43-45 ESV)

"I refuse to accept the cynical notion that nation after nation must spiral down a militaristic stairway into the hell of nuclear annihilation. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."-Martin Luther King JR.

If the brain of a partisan could become independent for a day, they'd notice the blatant hypocrisy of so many things they say and so many positions they hold.
Reply With Quote
  #454 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Registered User
Member #26500
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,211
Thanks: 1,660
Thanked 598 Times in 575 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1104
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

How far in do the teeth have to be for it to be the imagined meat eaters teeth?
Well i have read they were deeply rooted i am not certain because i have done no dental exams on a t-rex. Some people say their teeth are two thirds in the jaw bone but look at their teeth and they have little arms. I can't see those theeth grabbing a big dinosaur and ripping it apart because the teeth couldn't support that pressure and having short front arms i just don't buy them being a predator.

Look.

Tyrannosaurus: Hyena of the Cretaceous | Dinosaur Tracking

So are the dinosaurs as old as evolutionist say ?

T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved


Hillary Mayell
for National Geographic News


March 24, 2005

T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved

Hmm ?????????

Schweitzer's Dangerous Discovery (How did Dinosaur soft tissue survive millions of years?)
Discover ^ | 10/3/2009

Posted on Saturday, October 03, 2009 7Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.29 PM by SeekAndFind

Two years ago, Schweitzer gazed through a microscope in her laboratory at North Carolina State University and saw lifelike tissue that had no business inhabiting a fossilized dinosaur skeleton: fibrous matrix, stretchy like a wet scab on human skin; what appeared to be supple bone cells, their three-dimensional shapes intact; and translucent blood vessels that looked as if they could have come straight from an ostrich at the zoo.

By all the rules of paleontology, such traces of life should have long since drained from the bones. It's a matter of faith among scientists that soft tissue can survive at most for a few tens of thousands of years, not the 65 million since T. rex walked what's now the Hell Creek Formation in Montana. But Schweitzer tends to ignore such dogma. She just looks and wonders, pokes and prods, following her scientific curiosity. That has allowed her to see things other paleontologists have missed—and potentially to shatter fundamental assumptions about how much we can learn from the past. If biological tissue can last through the fossilization process, it could open a window through time, showing not just how extinct animals evolved but how they lived each day. "Fossils have richer stories to tell—about the lub-dub of dinosaur life—than we have been willing to listen to," says Robert T. Bakker, curator of paleontology at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. "This is one spectacular proof of that."

At the same time, the contents of those T. rex bones have also electrified some creationists, who interpret Schweitzer's findings as evidence that Earth is not nearly as old as scientists claim. "I invite the reader to step back and contemplate the obvious," wrote Carl Wieland on the Answers in Genesis Web site last year. "This discovery gives immensely powerful support to the proposition that dinosaur fossils are not millions of years old at all, but were mostly fossilized under catastrophic conditions a few thousand years ago at most."

Rhetoric like this has put Schweitzer at the center of a raging cultural controversy, because she is not just a pioneering paleontologist but also an evangelical Christian. That fact alone has prompted some prominent paleontologists to be even more skeptical about her scientific research. Some creationists have questioned her work from the other direction, pressing her to refute Darwinian evolution. But in her religious life, Schweitzer is no more of an ideologue than she is in her scientific career. In both realms, she operates with a simple but powerful consistency: The best way to understand the glory of the world is to open your eyes and take an honest look at what is out there.

Funny, rhetoric ? it's not rhetoric it's obvious because soft tissue can't last as long as evolutionist the dinosaurs went extinct.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Yep those are some big teeth. But the size of the teeth don't prove your point.

Looking at pictures of the skulls with the teeth and trying to account for the gums they don't look like they're strongly rooted.it does not look like a t-rex could be attacking a 7 to 10 ton dinosaur without losing those teeth. Not to mention it is only theory that once they lose their teeth they just grew new ones.

Do you think if you grew much bigger teeth do you think you could subdue another human without the help of arms just those teeth ?
__________________
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." - Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Youwerecreated; 08-08-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #455 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered User
Member #26500
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,211
Thanks: 1,660
Thanked 598 Times in 575 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1104
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

I disagree, and it certainly isn't based on "assumption" but we'll leave that be. If you think the biological classification of families of species are ridiculous, why did you take them seriously and reference them earlier in the thread when you said new species could come about within families?
Speaking your language.

I said a new breed can come from within a family but a breed can't produce a new family. That is what you agreed with.

If you don't agree then prove a breed can produce a new family.By the way do you have an answer to what humans nearest ancestor is ?
Homo sapiens came from within the hominidae family, a new species within a family.

Homo sapiens idaltu is the scientific name of what our nearest ancestor is.
Now prove they were from the same family and we know the complications of making a new species.

You're still making the same mistake that most evolutionists make, it is the similarity argument.

Similarity proves nothing at all.
__________________
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." - Albert Einstein.
Reply With Quote
  #456 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Registered User
Member #20542
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,680
Thanks: 2,390
Thanked 2,607 Times in 1,875 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 571
Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Speaking your language.

I said a new breed can come from within a family but a breed can't produce a new family. That is what you agreed with.

If you don't agree then prove a breed can produce a new family.By the way do you have an answer to what humans nearest ancestor is ?
Homo sapiens came from within the hominidae family, a new species within a family.

Homo sapiens idaltu is the scientific name of what our nearest ancestor is.
Now prove they were from the same family and we know the complications of making a new species.

You're still making the same mistake that most evolutionists make, it is the similarity argument.

Similarity proves nothing at all.
Then why do you believe new species can be formed from another similar one? Why not just blindly assume they're randomly similar cuz God said so?
__________________
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"-Jesus
(Matthew 5.43-45 ESV)

"I refuse to accept the cynical notion that nation after nation must spiral down a militaristic stairway into the hell of nuclear annihilation. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."-Martin Luther King JR.

If the brain of a partisan could become independent for a day, they'd notice the blatant hypocrisy of so many things they say and so many positions they hold.
Reply With Quote
  #457 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered User
Member #26500
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,211
Thanks: 1,660
Thanked 598 Times in 575 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1104
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Homo sapiens came from within the hominidae family, a new species within a family.

Homo sapiens idaltu is the scientific name of what our nearest ancestor is.
Now prove they were from the same family and we know the complications of making a new species.

You're still making the same mistake that most evolutionists make, it is the similarity argument.

Similarity proves nothing at all.
Then why do you believe new species can be formed from another similar one? Why not just blindly assume they're randomly similar cuz God said so?
If the word species means a new family to you ,I disagree with how you use the word. I don't believe a family can create a new family but I do believe a family can create a new breed within the family.
__________________
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." - Albert Einstein.
Reply With Quote
  #458 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered User
Member #20542
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,680
Thanks: 2,390
Thanked 2,607 Times in 1,875 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 571
Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet Dr.Drock is faster than a speeding bullet
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Now prove they were from the same family and we know the complications of making a new species.

You're still making the same mistake that most evolutionists make, it is the similarity argument.

Similarity proves nothing at all.
Then why do you believe new species can be formed from another similar one? Why not just blindly assume they're randomly similar cuz God said so?
If the word species means a new family to you ,I disagree with how you use the word. I don't believe a family can create a new family but I do believe a family can create a new breed within the family.
I'm talking solely about new species. Why do you think a new similar species can from from a similar species but think the idea of that happening with humans is wacky? How do scientific principles skip over certain species?
__________________
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"-Jesus
(Matthew 5.43-45 ESV)

"I refuse to accept the cynical notion that nation after nation must spiral down a militaristic stairway into the hell of nuclear annihilation. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."-Martin Luther King JR.

If the brain of a partisan could become independent for a day, they'd notice the blatant hypocrisy of so many things they say and so many positions they hold.
Reply With Quote
  #459 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 PM
emilynghiem's Avatar
Supporting Member
Member #22295
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: FreedmensTown.com
Posts: 5,084
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 936 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1436
emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court
emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court
If there is "scientific" evidence for GOD, then that's the end of faith, hence the end of religion.

Here's a thought...if you looking for empirical evidence for GOD, you're NOT REALLY a Christian.

Because if you're seeking evidence of GOD, you don't understand the basic tenets THAT religon AT ALL.
Not so, Mr. Editec.
Science can be used to show that "faith in asking for forgiveness and healing"
actually FACILITATES healing! Of the mind and body!

So faith and science do not negate each other.
Science can help to eliminate false suppositions and false faith.
But faith in real processes, like faith in the law of gravity or other theories,
can be demonstrated by science to work over and over, even if these remain theories.
Reply With Quote
  #460 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 02:15 PM
emilynghiem's Avatar
Supporting Member
Member #22295
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: FreedmensTown.com
Posts: 5,084
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 936 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1436
emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court
emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court emilynghiem could be on the Supreme Court
Faith is a weird concept. Why would ones belief in something that can't be "proven" be greater than ones belief in something that can ? Is it the risk factor?
Dear DD: Yes, faith is a weird concept, on more than one level.
A. Another nontheist on a different forum specified there are three different levels of faith
1. Faith in things unseen
2. Faith as in good faith contracts, faith in people, faith in government
3. Faith in things to continue to happen that have happened before
like faith we'll see the sun tomorrow, faith in laws of gravity or physics will work
The religious type of faith is #1, the faith in science and in our perceptions is #3,
but faith in other people's perceptions is #2 -- if we can resolve our lack of faith in one another to be expressing something valid, we can bridge the gaps between #1 and #3
that ARE BOTH BASED on FAITH of some sort.
What I find interesting, the same "blocks to faith" in believing in something on any of these levels, are the same factors, usually something not forgiven or not trusted, which causes people to reject each other up front, instead of reconciling along points we can agree on.

B. BTW I do believe a consensus on God can be established by
1. proving how spiritual healing works scientifically and medically where this is a natural process and not anything magic or supernatural, where the key factor is forgiveness. the main barrier to be removed is the false opposition between science and faith. once you get past that, there is no need for proof at all, understanding truth is just natural existent.
2. reconciling relationships to prove consensus is possible, again by mutual forgiveness and correction to show that Truth and Justice do indeed govern all people universally
3. aligning definitions/concepts/attributes of "God" among people of different backgrounds, both theists and nontheists, religious or nonreligious, secular and political, philosophical
values and principles, so again this shows there is universal truth for all humanity (it is just expressed differently for people of different cultures/affiliations but point to the same truths)

I believe we as humanity are all in the process of assimilating all our information, perceptions and ways of expressing these various angles on truth, especially using the internet to confront and resolve longstanding differences so one all-inclusive understanding can be established, while also maintaining the diversity we see across the board. These conversations and debates occurring online are part of that record.
Thank you for contributing and I look forward to see where the learning curve converges
when we all figure out we are talking about the same universal laws and same human nature, but just using different systems of expression. They still point to the same source.

Yours truly,
Emily

P.S. Most of the process of proof/demonstration is ELIMINATING the conflicts or unforgiven issues we have that prevent us from focusing on the truth we agree on in common. It is more a process of elimination and letting go, than anything else.

Last edited by emilynghiem; 08-08-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #461 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Registered User
Member #26500
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,211
Thanks: 1,660
Thanked 598 Times in 575 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1104
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Then why do you believe new species can be formed from another similar one? Why not just blindly assume they're randomly similar cuz God said so?
If the word species means a new family to you ,I disagree with how you use the word. I don't believe a family can create a new family but I do believe a family can create a new breed within the family.
I'm talking solely about new species. Why do you think a new similar species can from from a similar species but think the idea of that happening with humans is wacky? How do scientific principles skip over certain species?
Because humans are unique,and we can do things that is not even close to possible for any other creature.

We have DNA that is similar but we are miles apart from each other. Besides what i know of mutations they can not do what evolutionist need them to do.

Humans are humans,we can't even be sure that some of these earlier humans were not a product of their enviornment or they inbred to a point of extinction.there are so many unanswered questions.
__________________
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." - Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Youwerecreated; 08-08-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #462 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I check facts.
Member #21199
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,538
Thanks: 88
Thanked 103 Times in 82 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 23
JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB JScott could own USMB
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Well i have read they were deeply rooted i am not certain because i have done no dental exams on a t-rex. Some people say their teeth are two thirds in the jaw bone but look at their teeth and they have little arms. I can't see those theeth grabbing a big dinosaur and ripping it apart because the teeth couldn't support that pressure and having short front arms i just don't buy them being a predator.

Look.

Tyrannosaurus: Hyena of the Cretaceous | Dinosaur Tracking

So are the dinosaurs as old as evolutionist say ?

T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved


Hillary Mayell
for National Geographic News


March 24, 2005

T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved

Hmm ?????????

Schweitzer's Dangerous Discovery (How did Dinosaur soft tissue survive millions of years?)
Discover ^ | 10/3/2009

Posted on Saturday, October 03, 2009 7Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.29 PM by SeekAndFind

Two years ago, Schweitzer gazed through a microscope in her laboratory at North Carolina State University and saw lifelike tissue that had no business inhabiting a fossilized dinosaur skeleton: fibrous matrix, stretchy like a wet scab on human skin; what appeared to be supple bone cells, their three-dimensional shapes intact; and translucent blood vessels that looked as if they could have come straight from an ostrich at the zoo.

By all the rules of paleontology, such traces of life should have long since drained from the bones. It's a matter of faith among scientists that soft tissue can survive at most for a few tens of thousands of years, not the 65 million since T. rex walked what's now the Hell Creek Formation in Montana. But Schweitzer tends to ignore such dogma. She just looks and wonders, pokes and prods, following her scientific curiosity. That has allowed her to see things other paleontologists have missed—and potentially to shatter fundamental assumptions about how much we can learn from the past. If biological tissue can last through the fossilization process, it could open a window through time, showing not just how extinct animals evolved but how they lived each day. "Fossils have richer stories to tell—about the lub-dub of dinosaur life—than we have been willing to listen to," says Robert T. Bakker, curator of paleontology at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. "This is one spectacular proof of that."

At the same time, the contents of those T. rex bones have also electrified some creationists, who interpret Schweitzer's findings as evidence that Earth is not nearly as old as scientists claim. "I invite the reader to step back and contemplate the obvious," wrote Carl Wieland on the Answers in Genesis Web site last year. "This discovery gives immensely powerful support to the proposition that dinosaur fossils are not millions of years old at all, but were mostly fossilized under catastrophic conditions a few thousand years ago at most."

Rhetoric like this has put Schweitzer at the center of a raging cultural controversy, because she is not just a pioneering paleontologist but also an evangelical Christian. That fact alone has prompted some prominent paleontologists to be even more skeptical about her scientific research. Some creationists have questioned her work from the other direction, pressing her to refute Darwinian evolution. But in her religious life, Schweitzer is no more of an ideologue than she is in her scientific career. In both realms, she operates with a simple but powerful consistency: The best way to understand the glory of the world is to open your eyes and take an honest look at what is out there.

Funny, rhetoric ? it's not rhetoric it's obvious because soft tissue can't last as long as evolutionist the dinosaurs went extinct.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Yep those are some big teeth. But the size of the teeth don't prove your point.

Looking at pictures of the skulls with the teeth and trying to account for the gums they don't look like they're strongly rooted.it does not look like a t-rex could be attacking a 7 to 10 ton dinosaur without losing those teeth. Not to mention it is only theory that once they lose their teeth they just grew new ones.

Do you think if you grew much bigger teeth do you think you could subdue another human without the help of arms just those teeth ?
The teeth I showed have about 12 inches of root. Not sure how gums come into play when the teeth are placed so deeply into the jaws. Saber Tooth cats also had huge fangs. You think they lost those? Theyre not near as deep as a T Rexs' teeth.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
__________________
We have two choices, live life in a vacuum or learn.

Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead.

~Aristotle~
Reply With Quote
  #463 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered User
Member #26500
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,211
Thanks: 1,660
Thanked 598 Times in 575 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1104
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Quote: Originally Posted by Youwerecreated Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Yep those are some big teeth. But the size of the teeth don't prove your point.

Looking at pictures of the skulls with the teeth and trying to account for the gums they don't look like they're strongly rooted.it does not look like a t-rex could be attacking a 7 to 10 ton dinosaur without losing those teeth. Not to mention it is only theory that once they lose their teeth they just grew new ones.

Do you think if you grew much bigger teeth do you think you could subdue another human without the help of arms just those teeth ?
The teeth I showed have about 12 inches of root. Not sure how gums come into play when the teeth are placed so deeply into the jaws. Saber Tooth cats also had huge fangs. You think they lost those? Theyre not near as deep as a T Rexs' teeth.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
The largest average size T-rex tooth is a total of 9 inches,the longest ever recorded is 13 inches.

Or atleast that is what i read.
__________________
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." - Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Youwerecreated; 08-08-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #464 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2011, 08:53 PM
HUGGY's Avatar
Supporting Member
Member #18867
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, in a run down motel
Posts: 26,241
Thanks: 5,736
Thanked 4,726 Times in 3,655 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2606
HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute
HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute HUGGY has a reputation beyond repute
This just in....

Hawkings makes it clear... NO GOD!

Watched it Sunday night...Curiosity....on Discovery

This time S. Hawkings beats around no bushes. He disproves the existance of God scientifically.

His logic is that there was no "time" before the big bang therefore no "time" for God to exist in.

Sorry God Squad.. it has been proven...No God...period!

Curiosity "Did God Create the Universe?"
__________________
space!


HUGGY QUOTES "Only a fool would make a deal with the devil without looking at the devil in the details"
"I would give my left nut to be the guy who invented God"
"If you can imagine one thing..You can dream anything"
My friend Jay Craig: "Keep your basement clean..You never know when someone might want to go down there"
Reply With Quote
  #465 (permalink)  
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Registered User
Member #26500
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,211
Thanks: 1,660
Thanked 598 Times in 575 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1104
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court Youwerecreated could be on the Supreme Court
This just in....

Hawkings makes it clear... NO GOD!

Watched it Sunday night...Curiosity....on Discovery

This time S. Hawkings beats around no bushes. He disproves the existance of God scientifically.

His logic is that there was no "time" before the big bang therefore no "time" for God to exist in.

Sorry God Squad.. it has been proven...No God...period!

Curiosity "Did God Create the Universe?"
That genius,Hawking theorised on the existence of extraterrestrial life. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

God created time as we know of it.
__________________
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." - Albert Einstein.

Last edited by Youwerecreated; 08-09-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Lower Navigation
Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Religion and Ethics
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.