US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Chris Wallace: Fox News Getting Helen Thomas’ Old Seat Would Be 'Poetic Justice'

This is a discussion on Chris Wallace: Fox News Getting Helen Thomas’ Old Seat Would Be 'Poetic Justice' within the Media forums, part of the US Discussion category; Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra ...


Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Media

Media Media personalities, coverage, etc

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Modbert's Avatar
Daydream Believer
Member #11819
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 33,179
Thanks: 3,147
Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,624 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 707
Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet
Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra when on EVERY fucking episode Beck himself tells viewers not to just believe him but to do their own research and decide for themselves.

It's just beyond stupid.
That would explain this:

http://www.politicususa.com/en/glenn-beck-ratings-drop

Quote:
Glenn Beck has been in denial about his ratings slide for weeks now. First, he claimed that there is no ratings decline for his Fox News show, and then he claimed that the weather was to blame for his 33% drop in viewership. However by attracting only 1.7 million viewers on Friday, Beck hit a new all time low which is now 50% off of his peak audience of 3.4 million.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
USMessageBoard.com is the premier Political Forum Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Zona's Avatar
A guy in ariZONA
Member #20497
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Posts: 13,875
Thanks: 3,155
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,565 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by California Girl View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post

Fox, they report, they decide for you.

I get such a kick out of knowing they think for their sheeple.
On the day that you, and your drooling comrades, can spot the difference between a journalist and a commentator - or even a fucking columnist - we'll take you seriously... Until then, we'll just continue wiping the drool off you chin for ya.

What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra when on EVERY fucking episode Beck himself tells viewers not to just believe him but to do their own research and decide for themselves.

It's just beyond stupid.
How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes?
http://progressnotcongress.org/?p=3167

Honestly, I don't know what is worse, Dumb ass Beck or his fans who actually believe this putz is credible. He admits himself he is a circus clown and yet people like you say he is credible.

He is a dry drunk......period. Keep supporting this idiot though. It cements my thoughts on you..........Kid.

Last edited by Zona; 06-10-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Banned
Member #23723
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,538
Thanks: 1,122
Thanked 1,209 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post

ConHog, I am 46 years old...did 20 years in the navy and fought in two wars myself. By your definition, I should beat you at every debate possible because of these facts?

You are 39, you are a "kid" to me so go sit in the corner? What a dumb outlook you have, KID.

I already knew you have no reading comprehension skills there was really no reason for you to come into this thread and prove it further. Bert couldn't post where I said his age exclusively made him unable to debate with me, and neither will you be able to.

Eh, it was the Navy, but thank you for your service.
Mind your elders and stay in your paygrade. (Just using your limited, skewed reasoning). "Kid"

LOL - You really CAN'T read. Unbelievable.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Banned
Member #23723
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,538
Thanks: 1,122
Thanked 1,209 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by California Girl View Post

On the day that you, and your drooling comrades, can spot the difference between a journalist and a commentator - or even a fucking columnist - we'll take you seriously... Until then, we'll just continue wiping the drool off you chin for ya.

What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra when on EVERY fucking episode Beck himself tells viewers not to just believe him but to do their own research and decide for themselves.

It's just beyond stupid.
How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes?
How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes? | Progress Not Congress

Honestly, I don't know what is worse, Dumb ass Beck or his fans who actually believe this putz is credible. He admits himself he is a circus clown and yet people like you say he is credible.

He is a dry drunk......period. Keep supporting this idiot though. It cements my thoughts on you..........Kid.

Apparently 3. LOL @ you for thinking that 3 errors is proof that he's a liar and a fraud.

Oh, congratulations on pointing out that he's an alcoholic, something he himself freely admits to.
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Zona's Avatar
A guy in ariZONA
Member #20497
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Posts: 13,875
Thanks: 3,155
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,565 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote: Originally Posted by Modbert View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra when on EVERY fucking episode Beck himself tells viewers not to just believe him but to do their own research and decide for themselves.

It's just beyond stupid.
That would explain this:

Panic Time at Fox News as Glenn Beck loses 50% of his Viewers

Quote:
Glenn Beck has been in denial about his ratings slide for weeks now. First, he claimed that there is no ratings decline for his Fox News show, and then he claimed that the weather was to blame for his 33% drop in viewership. However by attracting only 1.7 million viewers on Friday, Beck hit a new all time low which is now 50% off of his peak audience of 3.4 million.
But but but fox fans love to throw ratings in our faces! lol
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Zona's Avatar
A guy in ariZONA
Member #20497
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Posts: 13,875
Thanks: 3,155
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,565 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post


What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra when on EVERY fucking episode Beck himself tells viewers not to just believe him but to do their own research and decide for themselves.

It's just beyond stupid.
How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes?
How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes? | Progress Not Congress

Honestly, I don't know what is worse, Dumb ass Beck or his fans who actually believe this putz is credible. He admits himself he is a circus clown and yet people like you say he is credible.

He is a dry drunk......period. Keep supporting this idiot though. It cements my thoughts on you..........Kid.

Apparently 3. LOL @ you for thinking that 3 errors is proof that he's a liar and a fraud.

Oh, congratulations on pointing out that he's an alcoholic, something he himself freely admits to.
Oh I know he admitted he is a drunk. Good for him, and it does explain so much really. Now seriously, do you need link after link of this clown being wrong, because it is very very very easy to do.

BECK: We’ll tell you the truth. We’ll tell you the things that are politically incorrect. I’ll go on and I’ll tell you the fires have very little to do with global warming, if anything. The globe was the hottest in 19 — was it 1934, Stu [executive producer Steve "Stu" Burguiere], or ‘37? — ‘34, 1934 was the hottest year. A stat, by the way, that was, I believe, intentionally distorted by the guy the left holds up as the scientist on global warming. America’s temperature peaked in 1934. Since 1934, the hottest year on record was 1998. It has not gotten warmer since 1998. That’s a fact.

Now, why are these fires burning out of control? Al Gore and everybody else will have you believe that it is all about global warming. Well, really? A one-degree temperature change that happened at the first part of the century, not in the last part of the century, at least most of it, and a temperature change that hasn’t changed since 1998 is causing superfires in California and only California? Only America? It’s in the American borders. How is that possible?

His first statement is wrong, right off the bat: it’s nowhere near the truth.
Glenn Beck: idiot | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

This is just so easy. But keep on defending this drunk clown. Its just sad.
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Banned
Member #23723
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,538
Thanks: 1,122
Thanked 1,209 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Modbert View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra when on EVERY fucking episode Beck himself tells viewers not to just believe him but to do their own research and decide for themselves.

It's just beyond stupid.
That would explain this:

Panic Time at Fox News as Glenn Beck loses 50% of his Viewers

Quote:
Glenn Beck has been in denial about his ratings slide for weeks now. First, he claimed that there is no ratings decline for his Fox News show, and then he claimed that the weather was to blame for his 33% drop in viewership. However by attracting only 1.7 million viewers on Friday, Beck hit a new all time low which is now 50% off of his peak audience of 3.4 million.
But but but fox fans love to throw ratings in our faces! lol

LOL @ you for posting a story from a liberal blog that claims that although Beck still is easily winning his time slot FoxNews better be worried.
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Zona's Avatar
A guy in ariZONA
Member #20497
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Posts: 13,875
Thanks: 3,155
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,565 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post


What's absolutely hilarious is they keep on with the "you just believe what Beck tells you to believe " mantra when on EVERY fucking episode Beck himself tells viewers not to just believe him but to do their own research and decide for themselves.

It's just beyond stupid.
How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes?
How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes? | Progress Not Congress

Honestly, I don't know what is worse, Dumb ass Beck or his fans who actually believe this putz is credible. He admits himself he is a circus clown and yet people like you say he is credible.

He is a dry drunk......period. Keep supporting this idiot though. It cements my thoughts on you..........Kid.

Apparently 3. LOL @ you for thinking that 3 errors is proof that he's a liar and a fraud.

Oh, congratulations on pointing out that he's an alcoholic, something he himself freely admits to.
Seriously, how many links to his errors do you need?

Glenn Beck got it wrong. Coin Industry BBB Ratings Not Full of “F’s”
Glenn Beck got it wrong. Coin Industry BBB Ratings Not Full of ?F?s? | Gold Newswire
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Modbert's Avatar
Daydream Believer
Member #11819
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 33,179
Thanks: 3,147
Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,624 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 707
Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet
Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
LOL @ you for posting a story from a liberal blog that claims that although Beck still is easily winning his time slot FoxNews better be worried.
Actually, I posted the story.

Here's another article:

As Viewers Abandon Him Glenn Beck Blames the Media and Politicians

Quote:
Glenn Beck’s vision of a group of millions who believe in something with him is betrayed by the ratings. His epic slide in total viewers continues downward as the highest total audience number that he has posted in the past 10 days is 2.3 million.

The ratings for Monday and Tuesday of this week look even worse as he has started out the week at 1.976 million total viewers, and on Tuesday had already slumped to 1.895 million viewers. To put this into context, the program that follows Beck, Bret Baier, drew more total viewers, 2.049 million, than Beck did. This means that viewers turned off Beck, left Fox News, and came back for Baier’s show at 6 PM (et).
That's from wednesday. I don't care who you are, what business you run, or where you're from, a 50% drop in four months is a sign that you're screwing up in plain terms. That's just like saying Apple and Microsoft's stock went down 50%, but it's okay because their competition is still behind. Still doesn't make the 50% free fall good.
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Zona's Avatar
A guy in ariZONA
Member #20497
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Posts: 13,875
Thanks: 3,155
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,565 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Modbert View Post
But but but fox fans love to throw ratings in our faces! lol

LOL @ you for posting a story from a liberal blog that claims that although Beck still is easily winning his time slot FoxNews better be worried.
I am a little confused, are you disputing the FACT that his ratings are really declining or are you just attacking the source because you hate the fact that FACTS are thrown in your face?

Help me out there "kid".
Reply With Quote
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Banned
Member #23723
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,538
Thanks: 1,122
Thanked 1,209 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post

How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes?
How Many Things Can Beck Get Wrong In Under Two Minutes? | Progress Not Congress

Honestly, I don't know what is worse, Dumb ass Beck or his fans who actually believe this putz is credible. He admits himself he is a circus clown and yet people like you say he is credible.

He is a dry drunk......period. Keep supporting this idiot though. It cements my thoughts on you..........Kid.

Apparently 3. LOL @ you for thinking that 3 errors is proof that he's a liar and a fraud.

Oh, congratulations on pointing out that he's an alcoholic, something he himself freely admits to.
Seriously, how many links to his errors do you need?

Glenn Beck got it wrong. Coin Industry BBB Ratings Not Full of “F’s”
Glenn Beck got it wrong. Coin Industry BBB Ratings Not Full of ?F?s? | Gold Newswire
That's a lie? LOL why? He said the industry was full of F's . He didn't say the top20 google hits were Fs. How do you know what companies he looked at for comparative value?

you're a clown, and your hatred of a tv personality is astounding. Why does Glen Beck scare you so much if he's just a drunk?
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Banned
Member #23723
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,538
Thanks: 1,122
Thanked 1,209 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator ConHog could be State Senator
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post

But but but fox fans love to throw ratings in our faces! lol

LOL @ you for posting a story from a liberal blog that claims that although Beck still is easily winning his time slot FoxNews better be worried.
I am a little confused, are you disputing the FACT that his ratings are really declining or are you just attacking the source because you hate the fact that FACTS are thrown in your face?

Help me out there "kid".

I am saying that proves NOTHING unless you can show corresponding evidence to suggest that his previous viewers are now watching his competition, which apparently they are not.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Woyzeck's Avatar
Registered User
Member #23656
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: A-Io
Posts: 1,501
Thanks: 583
Thanked 348 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 62
Woyzeck could be the Buddha Woyzeck could be the Buddha Woyzeck could be the Buddha Woyzeck could be the Buddha Woyzeck could be the Buddha Woyzeck could be the Buddha Woyzeck could be the Buddha
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post


LOL @ you for posting a story from a liberal blog that claims that although Beck still is easily winning his time slot FoxNews better be worried.
I am a little confused, are you disputing the FACT that his ratings are really declining or are you just attacking the source because you hate the fact that FACTS are thrown in your face?

Help me out there "kid".

I am saying that proves NOTHING unless you can show corresponding evidence to suggest that his previous viewers are now watching his competition, which apparently they are not.
Did they claim the downfall in ratings was because they were going to his opponents? It's not like there's hundreds of non-news channels on the television. It does prove something, they're not watching Beck.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woyzeck For This Useful Post:
Modbert (06-10-2010), Zona (06-10-2010)
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Zona's Avatar
A guy in ariZONA
Member #20497
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Posts: 13,875
Thanks: 3,155
Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,565 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Zona View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post


Apparently 3. LOL @ you for thinking that 3 errors is proof that he's a liar and a fraud.

Oh, congratulations on pointing out that he's an alcoholic, something he himself freely admits to.
Seriously, how many links to his errors do you need?

Glenn Beck got it wrong. Coin Industry BBB Ratings Not Full of “F’s”
Glenn Beck got it wrong. Coin Industry BBB Ratings Not Full of ?F?s? | Gold Newswire
That's a lie? LOL why? He said the industry was full of F's . He didn't say the top20 google hits were Fs. How do you know what companies he looked at for comparative value?

you're a clown, and your hatred of a tv personality is astounding. Why does Glen Beck scare you so much if he's just a drunk?
alrighty....

6/4/10 New WHOPPER from Glenn About Israeli Commando Raid on Gaza Flotilla

On May 31, Israel attacked a ship and 5 accompanying smaller passenger vessels with incoming fire followed by commandos rappelling to the deck from a helicopter. The invading soldiers were counterattacked by people on the ship wielding clubs, sticks, pocket knives, and any improvised weapons they had. 9 people aboard the unarmed ship were killed, including one American who was shot in the head 4 times.

Glenn Beck, on his June 3 TV show, played the black-and-white footage shot from an Israeli vessel, claiming that only Fox News would show you this video.

Turn on any media outlet… other than this one. They’re not going to show you THIS (Beck points to video screen showing b&w video).

That video, you’ll hard pressed [sic] to see it in America from media outlets besides Fox. Nobody seems willing to show that. Leaving the question, “Why?”
OK Mr. Pioneer trail blazer. OK Mr. Israel apologist. Here are the facts. The MSM (or “lamestream media as Palin likes to call it) had been showing that video in every newscast for the last day and a half. CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, and many, MANY other sources on the internet had the video and the story up within minutes of it becoming available.

WTF Glenn? Do you think that if you keep repeating a lie often enough people will believe you?
Glenn Beck Lies | The Glenn Beck Report
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Modbert's Avatar
Daydream Believer
Member #11819
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 33,179
Thanks: 3,147
Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,624 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 707
Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet
Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet Modbert is faster than a speeding bullet
Quote: Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
I am saying that proves NOTHING unless you can show corresponding evidence to suggest that his previous viewers are now watching his competition, which apparently they are not.

Would you like some fire there, scarecrow? Who said anything about them watching his competition?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Lower Navigation
Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Media
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:07 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.