US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Greenpeace Founder: No Scientific Proof for Global Warming

This is a discussion on Greenpeace Founder: No Scientific Proof for Global Warming within the Environment forums, part of the US Discussion category; The helpless denialist cultists stink at the science, hence the endless threads like this raging about people that nobody cares about. The endless nutty conspiracies ...


Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Environment

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2014, 10:43 AM
mamooth's Avatar
Registered User
Member #39072
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,476
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,370 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1882
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
The helpless denialist cultists stink at the science, hence the endless threads like this raging about people that nobody cares about. The endless nutty conspiracies really are the best they can do.

Denialists, why are you prolonging your agony like this? Your cult is collapsing. Either bail out with the other rats, or go down the ship.

Last edited by mamooth; 02-28-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2014, 10:47 AM
Supporting Member
Member #27324
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western Va.
Posts: 18,062
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6,442 Times in 4,321 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 4659
whitehall has a reputation beyond repute whitehall has a reputation beyond repute whitehall has a reputation beyond repute
whitehall has a reputation beyond repute whitehall has a reputation beyond repute whitehall has a reputation beyond repute whitehall has a reputation beyond repute whitehall has a reputation beyond repute whitehall has a reputation beyond repute whitehall has a reputation beyond repute whitehall has a reputation beyond repute
When you factor in the "study" that more than half of democrats surveyed aren't aware that the earth revolves around the sun you come to the conclusion that the radical left keeps kids ignorant in order to further their anti-America revolutionary agenda which includes the fake science of man-made global warming.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitehall For This Useful Post:
gipper (03-01-2014), Rambunctious (02-28-2014)
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-28-2014, 12:02 PM
eflatminor's Avatar
Classical Liberal
Member #30139
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,393
Thanks: 2,490
Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,138 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2506
eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute
eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute
The helpless denialist cultists stink at the science, hence the endless threads like this raging about people that nobody cares about. The endless nutty conspiracies really are the best they can do.

Denialists, why are you prolonging your agony like this? Your cult is collapsing. Either bail out with the other rats, or go down the ship.
When you can't retort with logic, reason or specificity, childish name calling is always the best course of action. Well done! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eflatminor For This Useful Post:
depotoo (03-01-2014), flacaltenn (03-02-2014), Rambunctious (02-28-2014)
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2014, 05:08 AM
gipper's Avatar
Libertarian/Anarchist
Member #27454
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: winter wonderland...if only AGW was real....
Posts: 1,207
Thanks: 587
Thanked 596 Times in 422 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1107
gipper could be on the Supreme Court
gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court
When you factor in the "study" that more than half of democrats surveyed aren't aware that the earth revolves around the sun you come to the conclusion that the radical left keeps kids ignorant in order to further their anti-America revolutionary agenda which includes the fake science of man-made global warming.
One would think the average AGW cultist would be capable of connecting the dots. But...NO.

When the worldwide left, elitist leftists, UN, and nearly all western governments are fully behind AGW, (circumstantial proof AGW is political not science). Then add in the fact that the solution to AGW offered by these disgusting statists and elitists is more big controlling tyrannical government designed specifically to enrich and empower them. You'd think the average AGW believer would recognize a set up.
__________________
"Most of us want the government to do 90% of what it does. We just don't want to pay for it. If money wasn't an issue, the government would be a lot bigger if people had their way." - JoeB

People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be.~ Vladimir Lenin
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gipper For This Useful Post:
Peterf (03-01-2014)
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2014, 05:47 AM
skookerasbil's Avatar
Registered User
Member #20360
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not the middle of nowhere
Posts: 15,800
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3,437 Times in 2,668 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2778
skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute
skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute
The bottom line is.......when bozo's like John Kerry are telling people to shut up and the President is saying "the debate is settled.....climate change is a fact" means the debate is rolling on like a freight train and their side is losing. Their side is in desperation mode.


Truth is.......climate change is nothing more than a distraction issue in 2014. The only place it will be an issue in the mid-terms is in far left districts where they will want to stir up the vote. Watch......none of the DUMS in contested districts will go near it because its a loser. People have ALOT more on their mind than stoopid climate change and the last thing they are going to want to look like is a k00k radical on the environment. To be sure, when the president says he's proposing a 1 billion "climate resilience fund" kinda tells you how seriously he takes this ****. I laughed when I heard 1 billion......we should all be happy. Its basically throwing a bone to the climate nutters.


People like Mammoth have the political IQ of a small soap dish.......think people are home sitting around the dinner table ****ting their pants about climate change. All the polls show that in 2014, nobody gives a ****.......there are approximately 20 other issues they are more concerned with.( according to PEW). Anyway......how many voters are like the hysterical type like Mammoth who navigate the landscape waiting for a house to fall out of the sky and onto their head? The answer is very few.
__________________
What I worry about is that when problems are not addressed people will not know who is responsible, and when the problems get bad enough as they might do with another financial meltdown — some one person will come forward and say: ‘Give me total power and I will solve this problem.’
~ Former Supreme Court Justice David Souter

I drive a flex fuel vehicle! Burns rubber and gas!!
~ Skooks

Last edited by skookerasbil; 03-01-2014 at 05:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skookerasbil For This Useful Post:
Peterf (03-01-2014)
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2014, 06:01 AM
skookerasbil's Avatar
Registered User
Member #20360
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not the middle of nowhere
Posts: 15,800
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3,437 Times in 2,668 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2778
skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute
skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute
LOL....that's right.....the "cult is collapsing"!!!!

Yuk.....yuk........

Fuel Fix » Feds unveil study paving way for oil and gas research in Atlantic



Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
__________________
What I worry about is that when problems are not addressed people will not know who is responsible, and when the problems get bad enough as they might do with another financial meltdown — some one person will come forward and say: ‘Give me total power and I will solve this problem.’
~ Former Supreme Court Justice David Souter

I drive a flex fuel vehicle! Burns rubber and gas!!
~ Skooks

Last edited by skookerasbil; 03-01-2014 at 06:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2014, 09:29 AM
mamooth's Avatar
Registered User
Member #39072
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,476
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,370 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1882
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
Skook, if you'll remember, spent months spamming pictures proclaiming the inevitability of Mitt Romney's landslide win. That is, Skook is a 'tard on all issues. When he's proven to be a 'tard on one issue, he forgets his past 'tarddom there and moves on to a new issue to be a 'tard about. He shifted from his retardation about the elections to his current retardation about the global warming issue. And after he fails completely here, he'll move his retardation to a new issue. It's the cycle of Skook. Skook is such a reliable 'tard, you can be pretty sure the exact opposite of anything he says is the case.

Gipper just raves endlessly about the global socialist conspiracy, confirming his status as a hardcore cultist. However, he's going to have to work much harder to climb to the pinnacle of 'tarddom which Skook now occupies.

Whitehall? Doesn't make much sense on any topic. Seems like an bitter old FOX News junkie, using any excuse to spit mindless hate at liberals.

Eflat is new. We'll have to wait and watch to see precisely which cult symptoms he manifests. So far, he's just parroting old debunked nonsense, making him the boring sort of cultist.

Meanwhile, the rational side hasn't ever cared about Patrick Moore, or generally even heard of him. However, it seems a lot of denialists are aging hippies who used to consider Patrick Moore to be their guru. The constant thing about them is how they've always been in somebody's cult.

Last edited by mamooth; 03-01-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2014, 04:51 AM
gipper's Avatar
Libertarian/Anarchist
Member #27454
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: winter wonderland...if only AGW was real....
Posts: 1,207
Thanks: 587
Thanked 596 Times in 422 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1107
gipper could be on the Supreme Court
gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court gipper could be on the Supreme Court
Skook, if you'll remember, spent months spamming pictures proclaiming the inevitability of Mitt Romney's landslide win. That is, Skook is a 'tard on all issues. When he's proven to be a 'tard on one issue, he forgets his past 'tarddom there and moves on to a new issue to be a 'tard about. He shifted from his retardation about the elections to his current retardation about the global warming issue. And after he fails completely here, he'll move his retardation to a new issue. It's the cycle of Skook. Skook is such a reliable 'tard, you can be pretty sure the exact opposite of anything he says is the case.

Gipper just raves endlessly about the global socialist conspiracy, confirming his status as a hardcore cultist. However, he's going to have to work much harder to climb to the pinnacle of 'tarddom which Skook now occupies.

Whitehall? Doesn't make much sense on any topic. Seems like an bitter old FOX News junkie, using any excuse to spit mindless hate at liberals.

Eflat is new. We'll have to wait and watch to see precisely which cult symptoms he manifests. So far, he's just parroting old debunked nonsense, making him the boring sort of cultist.

Meanwhile, the rational side hasn't ever cared about Patrick Moore, or generally even heard of him. However, it seems a lot of denialists are aging hippies who used to consider Patrick Moore to be their guru. The constant thing about them is how they've always been in somebody's cult.
Nothing upsets me more than those who promote big unlimited government. AGW, at its essence, is the promotion of big unlimited government and history tells us big unlimited government always causes terrible harm...why can't you see that?

Why are you willing to give up your freedom so a small leftist elite can impose their will upon you...while they will live like kings and queens?

AGW is not science it is politics.
__________________
"Most of us want the government to do 90% of what it does. We just don't want to pay for it. If money wasn't an issue, the government would be a lot bigger if people had their way." - JoeB

People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be.~ Vladimir Lenin
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2014, 06:25 AM
Mr. H.'s Avatar
Supporting Member
Member #20545
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: A warm place with no memory.
Posts: 31,018
Thanks: 8,838
Thanked 11,932 Times in 7,712 Posts
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 19279
Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati
Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati Mr. H. gives orders to the Illuminati
Over 20% of methane emissions in the U.S. comes from enteric fermentation in ruminant animals.

Why is there not a single word of this spoken in the AGW debate?

Hands off agriculture, folks. Too many voters there.

Hydrocarbons are the whipping boy du jour.
__________________
For only in nothing shall I have everything.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. H. For This Useful Post:
flacaltenn (03-02-2014)
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2014, 07:51 AM
skookerasbil's Avatar
Registered User
Member #20360
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not the middle of nowhere
Posts: 15,800
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3,437 Times in 2,668 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2778
skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute
skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute
Skook, if you'll remember, spent months spamming pictures proclaiming the inevitability of Mitt Romney's landslide win. That is, Skook is a 'tard on all issues. When he's proven to be a 'tard on one issue, he forgets his past 'tarddom there and moves on to a new issue to be a 'tard about. He shifted from his retardation about the elections to his current retardation about the global warming issue. And after he fails completely here, he'll move his retardation to a new issue. It's the cycle of Skook. Skook is such a reliable 'tard, you can be pretty sure the exact opposite of anything he says is the case.

Gipper just raves endlessly about the global socialist conspiracy, confirming his status as a hardcore cultist. However, he's going to have to work much harder to climb to the pinnacle of 'tarddom which Skook now occupies.

Whitehall? Doesn't make much sense on any topic. Seems like an bitter old FOX News junkie, using any excuse to spit mindless hate at liberals.


Eflat is new. We'll have to wait and watch to see precisely which cult symptoms he manifests. So far, he's just parroting old debunked nonsense, making him the boring sort of cultist.

Meanwhile, the rational side hasn't ever cared about Patrick Moore, or generally even heard of him. However, it seems a lot of denialists are aging hippies who used to consider Patrick Moore to be their guru. The constant thing about them is how they've always been in somebody's cult.

The "Tard" wants to see a smidge of evidence ( via links ) that the "consensus science" is mattering in the real world.


Meanwhile, skooks can produce a 189 page thread of WIN littered with links from Westwall, SSDD, FlaCalTenn, Frank, Polar Bear, BriPat, Henry, Helena, ToddPatriot, Daveman et. al.........displaying the laughable impact of "the consensus". >>>

More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!


In fact, in just the first 4 pages of the thread, there are 11 links that decimate the efforts of the fascist AGW nutters who have owned the PR for 20 years thanks to the msm. In other words, 20 years of bomb throwing alarmist horse crap has had just short of zero impact on energy policy anywhere in the world. Fossil fuels still hugely dominate and there is nothing changing that for decades ( see WINNING link above ).


But skooks is the "Tard"!!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.




Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
__________________
What I worry about is that when problems are not addressed people will not know who is responsible, and when the problems get bad enough as they might do with another financial meltdown — some one person will come forward and say: ‘Give me total power and I will solve this problem.’
~ Former Supreme Court Justice David Souter

I drive a flex fuel vehicle! Burns rubber and gas!!
~ Skooks

Last edited by skookerasbil; 03-02-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skookerasbil For This Useful Post:
flacaltenn (03-02-2014)
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2014, 01:54 PM
eflatminor's Avatar
Classical Liberal
Member #30139
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,393
Thanks: 2,490
Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,138 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2506
eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute
eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute
Eflat is new.
With more than double the number of posts you have.

Whatever dude.

Quote:
We'll have to wait and watch to see precisely which cult symptoms he manifests. So far, he's just parroting old debunked nonsense, making him the boring sort of cultist.
Thanks for making my point about your being incapable of responding with even a modicum of logic, reason or specificity.

You'd do well on a grade school playground. Beyond that, not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Banned
Member #38720
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,289
Thanks: 356
Thanked 602 Times in 509 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator
Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
The helpless denialist cultists stink at the science, hence the endless threads like this raging about people that nobody cares about. The endless nutty conspiracies really are the best they can do.

Denialists, why are you prolonging your agony like this? Your cult is collapsing. Either bail out with the other rats, or go down the ship.
When you can't retort with logic, reason or specificity, childish name calling is always the best course of action. Well done! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Mamooth is complaining about a broad pattern of characteristic and behavior among climate change deniers. They do tend to be bad at science and spend a great deal of time complaining about irrelevant issues. They have made frequent charges that involve or require an enormous conspiracy among climate scientists.

His comments are snug enough that the folks he's talking to know precisely who they are.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2014, 06:28 PM
eflatminor's Avatar
Classical Liberal
Member #30139
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,393
Thanks: 2,490
Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,138 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2506
eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute
eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
The helpless denialist cultists stink at the science, hence the endless threads like this raging about people that nobody cares about. The endless nutty conspiracies really are the best they can do.

Denialists, why are you prolonging your agony like this? Your cult is collapsing. Either bail out with the other rats, or go down the ship.
When you can't retort with logic, reason or specificity, childish name calling is always the best course of action. Well done! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Mamooth is complaining about a broad pattern of characteristic and behavior among climate change deniers. They do tend to be bad at science and spend a great deal of time complaining about irrelevant issues. They have made frequent charges that involve or require an enormous conspiracy among climate scientists.

His comments are snug enough that the folks he's talking to know precisely who they are.
Still childish, but I get your point.

A reasonable, balanced critique of temperature predictions can be found in this 2009 WSJ article, which a continued plateau (or even cooling) since then only strengthens the case of the so-called "deniers":

The Case Against Global Warming?and How Believers Respond - WSJ.com

Something the article doesn't mention is that a modest rise in temperatures, should that ever occur, would mean plants grow more efficiently, which would be a boon to mankind. Bottom line, for me anyway, is that I will not stand for anyone that claims ANY science is "settled". History has proven such arrogance a foolhardy claim.

If you truly believe the climate is warming and the shores will be engulfed, feel free to move inland and leave the rest of us alone. You'll not impose central planning of energy resources, which most certainly will cost lives, because of what think may happen. Make you case for predicting the weather, fine. If it's a strong enough case, people will voluntarily adapt, as they always have.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eflatminor For This Useful Post:
flacaltenn (03-02-2014), longknife (03-03-2014)
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 03-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Banned
Member #38720
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,289
Thanks: 356
Thanked 602 Times in 509 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator
Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
A reasonable, balanced critique of temperature predictions can be found in this 2009 WSJ article, which a continued plateau (or even cooling) since then only strengthens the case of the so-called "deniers":
No, you will not find a balanced critique in the Wall Street Journal. By 2009, it had been the property of the News Corporation - the owner of Fox News - for two years. Even before that, you couldn't find a more business-friendly periodical on the planet. If you want scientific information, I'd strongly suggest you go to a science source. The best source for information on climate for the last decade, worldwide, has been the analysis reports of the IPCC.

Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Something the article doesn't mention is that a modest rise in temperatures, should that ever occur, would mean plants grow more efficiently, which would be a boon to mankind.
The net change to raising the Earth's temperature 2C over the next will most assuredly NOT be beneficial. You are an idiot to suggest otherwise.

Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Bottom line, for me anyway, is that I will not stand for anyone that claims ANY science is "settled". History has proven such arrogance a foolhardy claim.
No science is ever truly settled, but that's only because that's the way science works. There is a great deal of science that has been so widely accepted it is treated by all as fact. Among the scientifically literate and climate scientists in particular, anthropogenic global warming is so accepted.

Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
If you truly believe the climate is warming and the shores will be engulfed, feel free to move inland and leave the rest of us alone.
If you truly believe that you can put the lives of my children and their children and their children and the children of billions of people at risk DESPITE overwhelming evidence which says you don't know what the **** you're talking about, feel free to take a very long walk off a very short pier.

Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
You'll not impose central planning of energy resources, which most certainly will cost lives, because of what think may happen. Make you case for predicting the weather, fine. If it's a strong enough case, people will voluntarily adapt, as they always have.
I will do whatever I feel needs doing to rectify this problem and that the laws of this country allow. I will certainly not take direction from fools like you.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2014, 02:54 PM
eflatminor's Avatar
Classical Liberal
Member #30139
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,393
Thanks: 2,490
Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,138 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2506
eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute
eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute eflatminor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
A reasonable, balanced critique of temperature predictions can be found in this 2009 WSJ article, which a continued plateau (or even cooling) since then only strengthens the case of the so-called "deniers":
No, you will not find a balanced critique in the Wall Street Journal. By 2009, it had been the property of the News Corporation - the owner of Fox News - for two years. Even before that, you couldn't find a more business-friendly periodical on the planet. If you want scientific information, I'd strongly suggest you go to a science source. The best source for information on climate for the last decade, worldwide, has been the analysis reports of the IPCC.

Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Something the article doesn't mention is that a modest rise in temperatures, should that ever occur, would mean plants grow more efficiently, which would be a boon to mankind.
The net change to raising the Earth's temperature 2C over the next will most assuredly NOT be beneficial. You are an idiot to suggest otherwise.



No science is ever truly settled, but that's only because that's the way science works. There is a great deal of science that has been so widely accepted it is treated by all as fact. Among the scientifically literate and climate scientists in particular, anthropogenic global warming is so accepted.

Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
If you truly believe the climate is warming and the shores will be engulfed, feel free to move inland and leave the rest of us alone.
If you truly believe that you can put the lives of my children and their children and their children and the children of billions of people at risk DESPITE overwhelming evidence which says you don't know what the **** you're talking about, feel free to take a very long walk off a very short pier.

Quote: Originally Posted by eflatminor Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
You'll not impose central planning of energy resources, which most certainly will cost lives, because of what think may happen. Make you case for predicting the weather, fine. If it's a strong enough case, people will voluntarily adapt, as they always have.
I will do whatever I feel needs doing to rectify this problem and that the laws of this country allow. I will certainly not take direction from fools like you.
Another central planner wannabe that's just SURE he knows what's best for everyone else.

Pass.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Lower Navigation
Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Environment
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:33 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.