US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Ice, again

This is a discussion on Ice, again within the Environment forums, part of the US Discussion category; Quote: Originally Posted by mamooth Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images. Quote: Originally Posted ...


Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Environment

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2014, 05:10 PM
skookerasbil's Avatar
Registered User
Member #20360
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not the middle of nowhere
Posts: 15,838
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3,455 Times in 2,676 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2791
skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute
skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute skookerasbil has a reputation beyond repute
According to your best consensus predictions there would be no Arctic ice LAST year.
Bull****.

If you're not just making crap up again, you can simply show us this consensus. You can't, however, because there's no such thing. That was another example of that thing you routinely do where you cherrypick a statement from one person and then declare it's the consensus.

Quote:
I won't even bother to go into all the times that we have been told that the Arctic is in a "death spiral" and yet, here we are in 2014 and the Arctic is getting thicker and the extent is within the mean.
Watch those goalposts move! We'll never be able to catch them! Here, we see that a new record ice extent low means nothing because it's ... wait for it ... "within the mean".

Quote:
And all the while the Antarctic is setting new records for ice extent...in summer!
As the temperature there _warms_. And as was correctly predicted by AGW science 20 years ago. That's been pointed out to you several times. However, your cult's pseudoscience collapses unless you cherrypick very selectively, hence you've become a master of that tactic.


meh


70% of Americans think the scientists are ****ing with the data.


Meanwhile >>>>


Top story on DRUDGE right now !!!!!!!



Sea Ice Update February 17 2014 ? Antarctic Sea Ice Extent Still 25% above normal | sunshine hours



Oooooooooooooooooops
__________________
What I worry about is that when problems are not addressed people will not know who is responsible, and when the problems get bad enough as they might do with another financial meltdown — some one person will come forward and say: ‘Give me total power and I will solve this problem.’
~ Former Supreme Court Justice David Souter

I drive a flex fuel vehicle! Burns rubber and gas!!
~ Skooks
Reply With Quote
  #272 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2014, 06:13 PM
SwimExpert's Avatar
Registered User
Member #46250
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,606
Thanks: 207
Thanked 392 Times in 284 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 468
SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness SwimExpert may be on a path to greatness
Now, now. You know that only the Arctic counts. What happens south of the border is completely irrelevant. Because it doesn't fit the narrative very well....
__________________
Quote: Originally Posted by Abraham3 View Post
What was wrong with Ptolemy's hypotheses?
Reply With Quote
  #273 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Matthew's Avatar
Blue dog all the way!
Member #22889
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 26,302
Thanks: 11,239
Thanked 4,789 Times in 3,664 Posts
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 2208
Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute
Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute Matthew has a reputation beyond repute
Quote: Originally Posted by skookerasbil Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
According to your best consensus predictions there would be no Arctic ice LAST year.
Bull****.

If you're not just making crap up again, you can simply show us this consensus. You can't, however, because there's no such thing. That was another example of that thing you routinely do where you cherrypick a statement from one person and then declare it's the consensus.



Watch those goalposts move! We'll never be able to catch them! Here, we see that a new record ice extent low means nothing because it's ... wait for it ... "within the mean".

Quote:
And all the while the Antarctic is setting new records for ice extent...in summer!
As the temperature there _warms_. And as was correctly predicted by AGW science 20 years ago. That's been pointed out to you several times. However, your cult's pseudoscience collapses unless you cherrypick very selectively, hence you've become a master of that tactic.


meh


70% of Americans think the scientists are ****ing with the data.


Meanwhile >>>>


Top story on DRUDGE right now !!!!!!!



Sea Ice Update February 17 2014 ? Antarctic Sea Ice Extent Still 25% above normal | sunshine hours



Oooooooooooooooooops
That is quite sad. The pause has made a ass of science when it comes to climate.
Reply With Quote
  #274 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 04:00 AM
SSDD's Avatar
Registered User
Member #40906
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,934
Thanks: 571
Thanked 1,273 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1119
SSDD could be on the Supreme Court
SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court
You need to shove your nits and their picks right up where the sun don't shine. Why don't you find me a rule that says I can quote one but not the other. Then we can pretend as if your comment actually had some relevance.
No need to pretend...you already proved that it was relevant to you by leaving out my full thought in an attempt to make some trivial point.
Delete your sig and I will admit that my quote did not convey the precise same meaning as your post in its entirety.
You just admitted it. Thanks. My sig on the other hand expresses the entire thought of the idiot who made the statement.
__________________
Oh, the fundamental mechanism of the second law is statistics. - Mamooth

So there is no doubt of the mindset of AGW believers:

Just from a hypothetical viewpoint, it would be a great deal more effective to "off" all the deniers. - Crick
Reply With Quote
  #275 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 04:01 AM
SSDD's Avatar
Registered User
Member #40906
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,934
Thanks: 571
Thanked 1,273 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1119
SSDD could be on the Supreme Court
SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court SSDD could be on the Supreme Court
Quote: Originally Posted by SwimExpert Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

No need to pretend...you already proved that it was relevant to you by leaving out my full thought in an attempt to make some trivial point.
Delete your sig and I will admit that my quote did not convey the precise same meaning as your post in its entirety.
You just admitted it. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Truth cannot be negotiated or held for ransom.
?

Real "class act" isn't he?....and I say that with as much sarcasm as I can muster.
__________________
Oh, the fundamental mechanism of the second law is statistics. - Mamooth

So there is no doubt of the mindset of AGW believers:

Just from a hypothetical viewpoint, it would be a great deal more effective to "off" all the deniers. - Crick
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SSDD For This Useful Post:
SwimExpert (02-18-2014)
  #276 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 04:15 AM
Banned
Member #38720
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,289
Thanks: 356
Thanked 602 Times in 509 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator
The pair of you do have many similarities. One of which would be the habit of attempting to employ irrelevancies.

Anyone who read my original post regarding Ptolemy would have recognized it's sarcastic tone. Even Swimexpert could not be so lacking in the basic gifts of intellect to have missed it. Thus when he states that the statement he extracted from it, "expresses the entire thought of the idiot who made the statement", he is either indicating that the quoted statement by itself is obviously satirical or he is attempting to lie to us. Given our history and his use of the term "idiot", I'll have to go with the latter. If you wish to praise him for lying to us, I can only say I am sadly unsurprised.

This exchange certainly backs up everything Secretary Kerry said about climate change deniers, though.

Last edited by Abraham3; 02-18-2014 at 04:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #277 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:32 AM
IanC's Avatar
Registered User
Member #21028
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,061
Thanks: 875
Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,274 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 654
IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet
Quote: Originally Posted by skookerasbil Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Bull****.

If you're not just making crap up again, you can simply show us this consensus. You can't, however, because there's no such thing. That was another example of that thing you routinely do where you cherrypick a statement from one person and then declare it's the consensus.



Watch those goalposts move! We'll never be able to catch them! Here, we see that a new record ice extent low means nothing because it's ... wait for it ... "within the mean".



As the temperature there _warms_. And as was correctly predicted by AGW science 20 years ago. That's been pointed out to you several times. However, your cult's pseudoscience collapses unless you cherrypick very selectively, hence you've become a master of that tactic.


meh


70% of Americans think the scientists are ****ing with the data.


Meanwhile >>>>


Top story on DRUDGE right now !!!!!!!



Sea Ice Update February 17 2014 ? Antarctic Sea Ice Extent Still 25% above normal | sunshine hours



Oooooooooooooooooops
That is quite sad. The pause has made a ass of science when it comes to climate.
you have it back asswards Matthew. climate science has made an ass out of science. nature has always played by her own (correct) rules. it has only been since climate science has made its strident claims and tried to force any and all data into its preconceived conclusions that science has been falling into disrepute.
__________________
There is no more common error than to assume that, because prolonged and accurate mathematical calculations have been made, the application of the result to some fact of nature is absolutely certain. -Whitehead

”The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” (Bertrand Russell).

“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.” ― Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #278 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:46 AM
IanC's Avatar
Registered User
Member #21028
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,061
Thanks: 875
Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,274 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 654
IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet IanC is faster than a speeding bullet
hey Matthew-- remember those lists that showed how global warming and CO2 was responsible for just about everything bad in the world? from Acne to Zits?

here is one that really bothered me. published in Nature, no less.

Nutrition and Diabetes - A proposed potential role for increasing atmospheric CO2 as a promoter of weight gain and obesity

it blamed the obesity crisis on CO2. it is just the crazy sort of idea that appeals to you, right? me too actually but this one failed the smell test pretty quickly. why dont you go read it, and critique the major flaws for yourself. and then we could discuss it.
__________________
There is no more common error than to assume that, because prolonged and accurate mathematical calculations have been made, the application of the result to some fact of nature is absolutely certain. -Whitehead

”The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” (Bertrand Russell).

“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.” ― Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #279 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Banned
Member #38720
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,289
Thanks: 356
Thanked 602 Times in 509 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator Abraham3 could be State Senator
Why? What does that article have to do with the environment or the reality of AGW?

Besides, I strongly doubt you have ANYTHING with which to challenge the study's results.

Last edited by Abraham3; 02-18-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #280 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 03:30 PM
mamooth's Avatar
Registered User
Member #39072
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,494
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,377 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1886
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
Quote: Originally Posted by SwimExpert Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Now, now. You know that only the Arctic counts. What happens south of the border is completely irrelevant. Because it doesn't fit the narrative very well....
The antarctic is _warmer_. That fits our narrative quite well. The increased ice is from increased freshwater. Exactly as AGW theory predicted, so again, it exactly fits our narrative.

You keep running from that fact. Because it doesn't fit your narrative well. You're an intellectual coward, and a hypocrite to boot.
Reply With Quote
  #281 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 03:32 PM
mamooth's Avatar
Registered User
Member #39072
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,494
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,377 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1886
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
hey Matthew-- remember those lists that showed how global warming and CO2 was responsible for just about everything bad in the world? from Acne to Zits?
I remember denialists often lying-via-cherrypicking about such things. Not their proudest moments. You ought to be running at top speed from such dishonest sleaze tactics, if you don't want to ruin your reputation.
Reply With Quote
  #282 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 03:37 PM
mamooth's Avatar
Registered User
Member #39072
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 5,494
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,377 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1886
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute mamooth has a reputation beyond repute
You just admitted it. Thanks. My sig on the other hand expresses the entire thought of the idiot who made the statement.
Actually, it shows you're too 'effin stupid to understand the Second Law.

Tell us again how the entire field of Statistical Mechanics is a fraud. The physics for the past century is wrong, and only you have discovered the RealTruth, being you're so much smarter than those eggheads. When do you plan to tell the world and collect your Nobel Prize? And what's up next, your declaration that relativity is also a fraud?

Actually, this illustrates the raging narcissism so common in the extreme right. They simply can't admit an error, ever. No matter how stupid it makes them look, they just keep doubling down on that original error. It's good to be a liberal, since we're freely allowed to admit errors and learn.

Last edited by mamooth; 02-18-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #283 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 04:15 PM
westwall's Avatar
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Member #23239
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nevada
Posts: 22,124
Thanks: 17,948
Thanked 8,469 Times in 5,802 Posts
Mentioned: 620 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 17824
westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati
westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati
Quote: Originally Posted by skookerasbil Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Bull****.

If you're not just making crap up again, you can simply show us this consensus. You can't, however, because there's no such thing. That was another example of that thing you routinely do where you cherrypick a statement from one person and then declare it's the consensus.



Watch those goalposts move! We'll never be able to catch them! Here, we see that a new record ice extent low means nothing because it's ... wait for it ... "within the mean".



As the temperature there _warms_. And as was correctly predicted by AGW science 20 years ago. That's been pointed out to you several times. However, your cult's pseudoscience collapses unless you cherrypick very selectively, hence you've become a master of that tactic.


meh


70% of Americans think the scientists are ****ing with the data.


Meanwhile >>>>


Top story on DRUDGE right now !!!!!!!



Sea Ice Update February 17 2014 ? Antarctic Sea Ice Extent Still 25% above normal | sunshine hours



Oooooooooooooooooops
That is quite sad. The pause has made a ass of science when it comes to climate.





Not at all. The climatologists have made complete asses of themselves and brought total discredit on their field. That has had a damaging effect on science as a whole, but science itself is unchanged.

It is however populated by humans. And those humans can be good or bad, competent or incompetent etc. Climatology has a particularly high concentration of unethical and incompetent people.
__________________
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
- Sign over SR71 Wing Ops-

"He who asserts must also prove" Aristotle
"We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination... So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts... Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."
- Prof. Stephen Schneider,

Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports
Reply With Quote
  #284 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 04:18 PM
westwall's Avatar
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Member #23239
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nevada
Posts: 22,124
Thanks: 17,948
Thanked 8,469 Times in 5,802 Posts
Mentioned: 620 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 17824
westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati
westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati
Why? What does that article have to do with the environment or the reality of AGW?

Besides, I strongly doubt you have ANYTHING with which to challenge the study's results.





It demonstrates how the "scientists" have had to resort to plucking at heartstrings (because the actual observations have shown them to be catastrophically wrong) and how they have prostituted science for personal gain.
__________________
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
- Sign over SR71 Wing Ops-

"He who asserts must also prove" Aristotle
"We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination... So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts... Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."
- Prof. Stephen Schneider,

Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports
Reply With Quote
  #285 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2014, 04:19 PM
westwall's Avatar
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Member #23239
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nevada
Posts: 22,124
Thanks: 17,948
Thanked 8,469 Times in 5,802 Posts
Mentioned: 620 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 17824
westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati
westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati westwall gives orders to the Illuminati
Quote: Originally Posted by SwimExpert Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Now, now. You know that only the Arctic counts. What happens south of the border is completely irrelevant. Because it doesn't fit the narrative very well....
The antarctic is _warmer_. That fits our narrative quite well. The increased ice is from increased freshwater. Exactly as AGW theory predicted, so again, it exactly fits our narrative.

You keep running from that fact. Because it doesn't fit your narrative well. You're an intellectual coward, and a hypocrite to boot.





Except that wasn't your narrative at all. Link up that study you claim predicted the warming. Go ahead I dare you! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
__________________
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
- Sign over SR71 Wing Ops-

"He who asserts must also prove" Aristotle
"We need to get some broad based support, to capture the public's imagination... So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements and make little mention of any doubts... Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."
- Prof. Stephen Schneider,

Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports
Reply With Quote
Reply


Lower Navigation
Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Environment
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.