US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan on CNN

This is a discussion on Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan on CNN within the Current Events forums, part of the US Discussion category; Quote: Originally Posted by AsheedMidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images. Quote: Originally Posted ...


Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Current Events

Current Events Current News and Events

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 AM
bodecea's Avatar
Lavender Reich
Member #20112
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not in a Third World State
Posts: 55,652
Thanks: 4,117
Thanked 11,163 Times in 8,307 Posts
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 8077
bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow
bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheedMidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Alex Jones is a patriotic American who is at the forefront of protecting the 2nd Amendment from gun grabbing traitors. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Would you say that Alex Jones, in that interview, well represented the gun owners of America?
I don't think he ever said he was there representing gun owners of America.
But would you say that Alex Jones, in that interview, well represented (unofficially, of course) the gun owners of America?
__________________


Bootlicker says: "Seawytch, Bodey and Luissa make me wish we had sharia law in the US." http://www.usmessageboard.com/7518974-post432.html

When asked if posting his comments bothered him, Bootlicker replied: "doesnt bother me in the slightest, I am proud of them" http://www.usmessageboard.com/8444201-post272.html
Reply With Quote
  #122 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Banned
Member #41858
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 971
Thanks: 65
Thanked 218 Times in 161 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheedMidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

Would you say that Alex Jones, in that interview, well represented the gun owners of America?
I don't think he ever said he was there representing gun owners of America.
But would you say that Alex Jones, in that interview, well represented (unofficially, of course) the gun owners of America?
He wasn't there unofficially representing the gun owners of America. False premise.
Reply With Quote
  #123 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM
bodecea's Avatar
Lavender Reich
Member #20112
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not in a Third World State
Posts: 55,652
Thanks: 4,117
Thanked 11,163 Times in 8,307 Posts
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 8077
bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow
bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheedMidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheedMidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

I don't think he ever said he was there representing gun owners of America.
But would you say that Alex Jones, in that interview, well represented (unofficially, of course) the gun owners of America?
He wasn't there unofficially representing the gun owners of America. False premise.
^Notices you avoiding answering. What a surprise.
__________________


Bootlicker says: "Seawytch, Bodey and Luissa make me wish we had sharia law in the US." http://www.usmessageboard.com/7518974-post432.html

When asked if posting his comments bothered him, Bootlicker replied: "doesnt bother me in the slightest, I am proud of them" http://www.usmessageboard.com/8444201-post272.html
Reply With Quote
  #124 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Banned
Member #41858
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 971
Thanks: 65
Thanked 218 Times in 161 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheedMidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

But would you say that Alex Jones, in that interview, well represented (unofficially, of course) the gun owners of America?
He wasn't there unofficially representing the gun owners of America. False premise.
^Notices you avoiding answering. What a surprise.
Did anyone other than YOU claim Jones was there representing gun owners? Whenever someone frames their argument on a false premise, then they don't have a point. Let's deal in reality.

Last edited by AsheedMidrarwz; 01-09-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #125 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
bodecea's Avatar
Lavender Reich
Member #20112
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not in a Third World State
Posts: 55,652
Thanks: 4,117
Thanked 11,163 Times in 8,307 Posts
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 8077
bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow
bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow bodecea is cooler than the underside of a pillow
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheedMidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheedMidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

He wasn't there unofficially representing the gun owners of America. False premise.
^Notices you avoiding answering. What a surprise.
Did anyone other than YOU claim Jones was there representing gun owners? Whenever someone frames their argument on a false premise, then they don't have a point. Let's deal in reality.
Is Alex Jones a good representative of the gun owners of America? Yes or no?
__________________


Bootlicker says: "Seawytch, Bodey and Luissa make me wish we had sharia law in the US." http://www.usmessageboard.com/7518974-post432.html

When asked if posting his comments bothered him, Bootlicker replied: "doesnt bother me in the slightest, I am proud of them" http://www.usmessageboard.com/8444201-post272.html
Reply With Quote
  #126 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Star's Avatar
Registered User
Member #19031
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,541
Thanks: 1,230
Thanked 478 Times in 328 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 532
Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet Star is faster than a speeding bullet
Alex Jones is a loon...


Jones reminds me of the Simpsons' 'Gun Shop' skit



Clerk: "The law requires a 5 day waiting period."

Homer: : 5 days? But I'm mad now!"


Reply With Quote
  #127 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Banned
Member #41858
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 971
Thanks: 65
Thanked 218 Times in 161 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 0
AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks AsheedMidrarwz kicks locomotives off the tracks
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheedMidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

^Notices you avoiding answering. What a surprise.
Did anyone other than YOU claim Jones was there representing gun owners? Whenever someone frames their argument on a false premise, then they don't have a point. Let's deal in reality.
Is Alex Jones a good representative of the gun owners of America? Yes or no?
Alex Jones doesn't represent the gun owners of America. Stupid is as stupid does.
Reply With Quote
  #128 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Pheonixops's Avatar
Proud Liberal
Member #35198
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On the tennis courts
Posts: 6,029
Thanks: 4,092
Thanked 1,498 Times in 1,143 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1742
Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute
Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncensored2008 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pheonixops Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm more along the line of "guns don't kill people, people kill people" or whatever that cliche' is. If you look at this stat:

"According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 32,885 people died in traffic crashes in 2010 in the United States (latest figures available), including an estimated 10,228 people who died in drunk driving crashes, accounting for 31% of all traffic deaths last year."

Does that mean that we should outlaw alcohol and automobiles? The aforementioned was a rhetorical question.
Except that we did outlaw alcohol.

Never underestimate the capacity of America to do stupid things.
LOL, ain't that the truth.
__________________
"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion."
"The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule."
"Early liberals also laid the groundwork for the separation of church and state."
Reply With Quote
  #129 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Pheonixops's Avatar
Proud Liberal
Member #35198
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On the tennis courts
Posts: 6,029
Thanks: 4,092
Thanked 1,498 Times in 1,143 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1742
Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute
Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute Pheonixops has a reputation beyond repute
Quote: Originally Posted by Pheonixops Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
Is this the proper tact to follow when you want to protect Our Second Amendment rights? I wonder some so-called 2nd Amendment activist have to act like ****ing loons? It almost makes me wonder if they are really in favor of the 2nd Amendment. You can see how Jones' argument starts falling apart. I find it funny that he came out using "factoids" vs Morgan but then soon complained and evaded the question where Piers used his.

Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan on CNN - YouTube
People actually take Alex Jones seriously?
I think he has an audience of over a million people at least. Kind of like glen beck and his following.
__________________
"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion."
"The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule."
"Early liberals also laid the groundwork for the separation of church and state."
Reply With Quote
  #130 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM
eots's Avatar
no fly list
Member #3851
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
Posts: 26,250
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2,804 Times in 2,272 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1035
eots could be on the Supreme Court
eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court
Quote: Originally Posted by asheedmidrarwz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.

^notices you avoiding answering. What a surprise.
did anyone other than you claim jones was there representing gun owners? Whenever someone frames their argument on a false premise, then they don't have a point. Let's deal in reality.
is alex jones a good representative of the gun owners of america? Yes or no?
these nut cases sat around and laughed and said alex should be killed..talked about his children getting shot..said we should be fearful of him and people that listen to him owning guns..they showed their true colors but you are to blind to see what they represent
__________________
Remember, remember, the 11th of september The Gunpowder Treason and plot;
I see of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot...
.
Reply With Quote
  #131 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
eots's Avatar
no fly list
Member #3851
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
Posts: 26,250
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2,804 Times in 2,272 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1035
eots could be on the Supreme Court
eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court
__________________
Remember, remember, the 11th of september The Gunpowder Treason and plot;
I see of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot...
.
Reply With Quote
  #132 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2013, 03:34 AM
Autodidact_33's Avatar
Registered User
Member #42055
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 78
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 12
Autodidact_33 could own USMB Autodidact_33 could own USMB Autodidact_33 could own USMB Autodidact_33 could own USMB Autodidact_33 could own USMB Autodidact_33 could own USMB
Conspiracy Theories

The Corrosive And Negative Impact of Conspiracy Theories



an essay by Matthew Bissonnette




In Dallas Texas in the year 1963, President John F Kennedy was assassinated by a lone assassin. The official record of what happened over the following decades became doubted by many who believed that powerful institutions and individuals had perpetrated the assassination; these theories where spread by books, media and film. This was the one of the first and most well known conspiracy theories but as time went on more of these alternative reconstructions of historical and current events entered the public consciousness. When the internet became widely available then these conspiracy theories became more pervasive. There are numerous individuals who spread there hypothesize of corruption at the heart of powerful institutions over the world wide web which is viewed by hundreds of millions; claims of governments perpetrating massacres of their own people and global powers seeking to enact a global genocide which will end the lives of billions proliferate on the information super highway. These internet commentators will tell those that listen the official record of significant events is a lie and present their suppositions as truth. Yet most of these sometimes paranoid theories may sound plausible, they tend to be a small part truth and mostly faulty information. But this phenomena of the dissemination of these theories may have detrimental consequences for society.
As I said before, one of the most common of these theories is that soon a shadowy organization known only as the New World Order will soon perpetrate a global holocaust killing most of mankind. If there is a individual who ardently believes that soon he and all those he cares for may soon parish then what would such a belief motivate him to do if he genuinely believes he is threatened? Would not such a belief in his own mind justify defending himself in someway which may be violent? How many men in society have been obsessively fixating on these theories and how many may feel that they must do something about it? Do those who accept these theories take the necessary time to research how much factual information is behind these claims? There have already been several instances where crimes have been committed by individuals whose actions where informed by their belief that shadowy threats exist all around them.
Another result of this conspiracy hysteria is that it leads to countless many distrusting their own governments not because of verified reasons but for surmised information which is mostly inaccurate. Though many times our governments act in a way people should be critical of, believing in ideas like they kill their own citizens directly may make individuals fearful and even hateful of their own authorities. It leads to a loss of trust between men and their own public institutions. If you want to be suspicious of powerful institutions, base those beliefs upon fact and not on information which is mostly speculation.
The conspiracy movement is a symptom of the breakdown of trust between some segments of the public and their own government. And it can lead to a oppositional situation where men may be moved towards destructive actions which are motivated by information which they have not researched themselves but have heard from a third hand source. Sometimes there is a differentiation between the accepted record of present and historical events, but your beliefs should be based on what you can prove to be factually true and not on what you surmise or guess.
It is called a conspiracy theory because a theory is not yet proven and is different from a fact.
Reply With Quote
  #133 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 AM
eots's Avatar
no fly list
Member #3851
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
Posts: 26,250
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2,804 Times in 2,272 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 1035
eots could be on the Supreme Court
eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court eots could be on the Supreme Court
Quote: Originally Posted by Autodidact_33 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
The Corrosive And Negative Impact of Conspiracy Theories



an essay by Matthew Bissonnette




In Dallas Texas in the year 1963, President John F Kennedy was assassinated by a lone assassin. The official record of what happened over the following decades became doubted by many who believed that powerful institutions and individuals had perpetrated the assassination; these theories where spread by books, media and film. This was the one of the first and most well known conspiracy theories but as time went on more of these alternative reconstructions of historical and current events entered the public consciousness. When the internet became widely available then these conspiracy theories became more pervasive. There are numerous individuals who spread there hypothesize of corruption at the heart of powerful institutions over the world wide web which is viewed by hundreds of millions; claims of governments perpetrating massacres of their own people and global powers seeking to enact a global genocide which will end the lives of billions proliferate on the information super highway. These internet commentators will tell those that listen the official record of significant events is a lie and present their suppositions as truth. Yet most of these sometimes paranoid theories may sound plausible, they tend to be a small part truth and mostly faulty information. But this phenomena of the dissemination of these theories may have detrimental consequences for society.
As I said before, one of the most common of these theories is that soon a shadowy organization known only as the New World Order will soon perpetrate a global holocaust killing most of mankind. If there is a individual who ardently believes that soon he and all those he cares for may soon parish then what would such a belief motivate him to do if he genuinely believes he is threatened? Would not such a belief in his own mind justify defending himself in someway which may be violent? How many men in society have been obsessively fixating on these theories and how many may feel that they must do something about it? Do those who accept these theories take the necessary time to research how much factual information is behind these claims? There have already been several instances where crimes have been committed by individuals whose actions where informed by their belief that shadowy threats exist all around them.
Another result of this conspiracy hysteria is that it leads to countless many distrusting their own governments not because of verified reasons but for surmised information which is mostly inaccurate. Though many times our governments act in a way people should be critical of, believing in ideas like they kill their own citizens directly may make individuals fearful and even hateful of their own authorities. It leads to a loss of trust between men and their own public institutions. If you want to be suspicious of powerful institutions, base those beliefs upon fact and not on information which is mostly speculation.
The conspiracy movement is a symptom of the breakdown of trust between some segments of the public and their own government. And it can lead to a oppositional situation where men may be moved towards destructive actions which are motivated by information which they have not researched themselves but have heard from a third hand source. Sometimes there is a differentiation between the accepted record of present and historical events, but your beliefs should be based on what you can prove to be factually true and not on what you surmise or guess.
It is called a conspiracy theory because a theory is not yet proven and is different from a fact.
what a load of horse ****...
__________________
Remember, remember, the 11th of september The Gunpowder Treason and plot;
I see of no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot...
.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eots For This Useful Post:
GuyPinestra (01-12-2013)
  #134 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Pogo's Avatar
Dematerializing Catatonia
Member #41527
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
Posts: 22,538
Thanks: 10,052
Thanked 9,217 Times in 6,121 Posts
Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 27998
Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow
Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow
My god, that was desperate. The Tuber wants us to believe that Alex Jones, the hair-on-fire nutcase that spews radical swill all over the shortwave radio bands on a daily basis and takes on Piers Morgan with a machine-gun barrage of diarrheaic diatribe, is cowering with his poor family just because somebody made a joke on CNN.
__________________
.
.
.


Quote: Originally Posted by S.J. View Post
You tried to implement H.W. in the JFK assassination
Reply With Quote
  #135 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Pogo's Avatar
Dematerializing Catatonia
Member #41527
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
Posts: 22,538
Thanks: 10,052
Thanked 9,217 Times in 6,121 Posts
Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Rep Power: 27998
Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow
Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow Pogo has a flying unicorn and lives on a rainbow
Quote: Originally Posted by Autodidact_33 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see images.
The Corrosive And Negative Impact of Conspiracy Theories



an essay by Matthew Bissonnette




In Dallas Texas in the year 1963, President John F Kennedy was assassinated by a lone assassin. The official record of what happened over the following decades became doubted by many who believed that powerful institutions and individuals had perpetrated the assassination; these theories where spread by books, media and film. This was the one of the first and most well known conspiracy theories but as time went on more of these alternative reconstructions of historical and current events entered the public consciousness. When the internet became widely available then these conspiracy theories became more pervasive. There are numerous individuals who spread there hypothesize of corruption at the heart of powerful institutions over the world wide web which is viewed by hundreds of millions; claims of governments perpetrating massacres of their own people and global powers seeking to enact a global genocide which will end the lives of billions proliferate on the information super highway. These internet commentators will tell those that listen the official record of significant events is a lie and present their suppositions as truth. Yet most of these sometimes paranoid theories may sound plausible, they tend to be a small part truth and mostly faulty information. But this phenomena of the dissemination of these theories may have detrimental consequences for society.
As I said before, one of the most common of these theories is that soon a shadowy organization known only as the New World Order will soon perpetrate a global holocaust killing most of mankind. If there is a individual who ardently believes that soon he and all those he cares for may soon parish then what would such a belief motivate him to do if he genuinely believes he is threatened? Would not such a belief in his own mind justify defending himself in someway which may be violent? How many men in society have been obsessively fixating on these theories and how many may feel that they must do something about it? Do those who accept these theories take the necessary time to research how much factual information is behind these claims? There have already been several instances where crimes have been committed by individuals whose actions where informed by their belief that shadowy threats exist all around them.
Another result of this conspiracy hysteria is that it leads to countless many distrusting their own governments not because of verified reasons but for surmised information which is mostly inaccurate. Though many times our governments act in a way people should be critical of, believing in ideas like they kill their own citizens directly may make individuals fearful and even hateful of their own authorities. It leads to a loss of trust between men and their own public institutions. If you want to be suspicious of powerful institutions, base those beliefs upon fact and not on information which is mostly speculation.
The conspiracy movement is a symptom of the breakdown of trust between some segments of the public and their own government. And it can lead to a oppositional situation where men may be moved towards destructive actions which are motivated by information which they have not researched themselves but have heard from a third hand source. Sometimes there is a differentiation between the accepted record of present and historical events, but your beliefs should be based on what you can prove to be factually true and not on what you surmise or guess.
It is called a conspiracy theory because a theory is not yet proven and is different from a fact.
what a load of horse ****...
Two words: "paragraph breaks".

Somebody can tell me what it says. Reading that is like trying to count the water in a waterfall. In any case I'm not inclined to take seriously a treatise where the author can't even spell the word their.
__________________
.
.
.


Quote: Originally Posted by S.J. View Post
You tried to implement H.W. in the JFK assassination

Last edited by Pogo; 01-11-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Lower Navigation
Go Back   US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum > US Discussion > Current Events
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.