View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Proud Liberal
Member #35198

Thanked 1,341 Times in 1,020 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pheonixops could be on the Supreme Court Pheonixops could be on the Supreme Court
Pheonixops could be on the Supreme Court Pheonixops could be on the Supreme Court Pheonixops could be on the Supreme Court Pheonixops could be on the Supreme Court Pheonixops could be on the Supreme Court Pheonixops could be on the Supreme Court Pheonixops could be on the Supreme Court
Quote: Originally Posted by daveman View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Pheonixops View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Jroc View Post

I don't haft to address what that person says, I gave you info stats and facts from people who were there, and involved in the "southern strategy" You not so much, I could give a shit what Lee Atwater says...Who is he again? Lee Atwater
Yeah, run away from the fact that he was a republican strategist and adviser to Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. SECONDLY; what you claim about what Nixon passed, is the ANTITHESIS to the republicans of today.
I see you've fallen for the left's Big Lie about the GOP.

Really, treating everyone the same regardless of their skin color is not racist. True story.
What "big lie"? I provided quotes from a top GOP strategist (Lee Atwater) and two RNC chairmen, who spoke about the Southern Strategy, two of them apologized for it. They obviously weren't "treating everyone the same regardless of skin color". In fact one of your fellow GOP'ers asserted that the racial hiring quotas aka Affirmative Action was started by the GOP. I hear a lot of GOP folks praising MLKjr, yet they FIGHT and disagree with almost all of his policies. Here's a good read;

Myths of Martin Luther King by Marcus Epstein
"Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally liberals support ideas such as constitutionalism, liberal democracy, free and fair elections, human rights, capitalism, and freedom of religion."
"The revolutionaries in the American Revolution and the French Revolution used liberal philosophy to justify the armed overthrow of tyrannical rule."
"Early liberals also laid the groundwork for the separation of church and state."