View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Member #31196

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Middleoftheroad kicks locomotives off the tracks Middleoftheroad kicks locomotives off the tracks Middleoftheroad kicks locomotives off the tracks Middleoftheroad kicks locomotives off the tracks Middleoftheroad kicks locomotives off the tracks Middleoftheroad kicks locomotives off the tracks Middleoftheroad kicks locomotives off the tracks
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
Re: Gasland...

"...according to the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, which tested Markham's water in 2008, there were "no indications of oil & gas related impacts to water well." Instead the investigation found that the methane was "biogenic" in nature, meaning it was naturally occurring and that his water well was drilled into a natural gas pocket."

http://cogcc.state.co.us/library/GASLAND%20DOC.pdf

Earthquakes? Likely...

UK firm says shale fracking caused earthquakes | Reuters

However, there are over 1 million naturally occuring earthquakes each year.
From your link
Quote:
Even if tremors occurred, the magnitude of any future tremors would be no more than around 3 on the Richter scale as a "worst-case scenario", it said.
Magnitude 3 earthquakes don't count. You would basically have to be standing on the fault line to even feel it, even then you might not notice. No one would be injured and no damage would be done. I used to live in California, and I can tell you that most people don't notice anything below a 4.0. Personally I have not even noticed low 4's.