Who is the most underrated NBA player in history? My 2 submissions.

Nope. If Kobe played Lebron, and each of them had clones as their 4 team mates so exactly even, Kobe would be Lebron.

Let's ask who else would beat Lebron? Besides who did. Isaiah Thomas would have beat him. Reggie Miller would have schooled him. Reggie has a bigger heart than Lebron.

Entered the league 2003

Cleveland got swept in the finals 2007. Weak east
Never made it back
Lebron ran to Miami 2012

I thought Lebron made it to the finals all those years. He didn't. Detroit, Boston, Orlando, Heat.

The heat made it to the finals the year Lebron joined them. Same thing Durant did in Golden State. Sort of deminishes those championships. They came close to winning without him.

Let's ask who else would beat Lebron? Besides who did. Isaiah Thomas would have beat him. Reggie Miller would have schooled him. Reggie has a bigger heart than Lebron.
Okay, i gotta be done. Sorry, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve read.

No, my post wasn't "trolling".
Trust me, I wasn't referring to you
"underrated" players are not Hall Of Fame players. Underrated players are really good players that have been forgotten about over the passage of time. All 5 of those guys I gave, fit the criteria.
I disagree, although it's important to define the term "underrated", as it is at times overused.

The reason I say Moses Malone and Elgin Baylor are "underrated" is based on modern basketball lexicon as far as referenced players. Every generation has all-time great players who for one reason or another don't get mentioned, and the generation is condensed to a few players.

I would imagine that most rabid NBA fans born past 1990 haven't even heard of Moses Malone or Elgin Baylor, or even if they've heard the name couldn't tell you anything about them, what teams they played for, or how many MVP's or great objective feats they accomplished.

That's why they are underrated... they're largely forgotten by modern basketball society, which controls the history as the young generation is the loudest, pumping out content on social media that is almost always entirely biased towards players they watched, not players that came before them.

No, my post wasn't "trolling". "underrated" players are not Hall Of Fame players. Underrated players are really good players that have been forgotten about over the passage of time. All 5 of those guys I gave, fit the criteria.

Lebron does not. Neither does Moses Malone or Elgin Baylor. This isn't a thread about Bird, or Magic, or Jordan, Or Lebron.
Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups are on the list of greats who aren't in the HOF. Bill Lambier.

I would say Big Shot Bob Horry. That's my answer

Did you think I'd end up agreeing with you that Lebron is an assassin like Kobe and Jordan were?
No, I’ve just heard enough of you expecting others to support your mythological proclamations and theories. It’s gotten beyond old

Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace and Chauncey Billups are on the list of greats who aren't in the HOF. Bill Lambier.
None are HOF’ers IMO
I would say Big Shot Bob Horry. That's my answer
I think if you bring up the discussion of the most clutch playoff shooters in NBA history, he’s on the short list, and I think many people also would have him

We are not looking for hall of famers in this thread. We are looking for underrated players.
I was thinking about it. I think it’s cool none of those guys are hof, yet. Bunch of scrubs beat Kobe, shaq, big shot Bob, Karl Malone, Gary Payton. They beat a hof team.

Chauncey, rip, Prince, Wallace and Wallace and 8 other good guys too. some bigs, couple of good littles. It was a good bench. Great team.

I bet Giannis and Joker are so glad they got one under their belts. There’s no guarantee you’ll make it back. Joker in a game 7 and Gianni probably vacationing in Greece. Lol

Forum List

Back