SC Senate Passes Citizens Only Voting Ammendment

DBA

Diamond Member
May 10, 2015
Why would every state not follow suit with such an amendment to prevent the left-wing crazies from allowing citizens to vote in their own states? Maybe it’s because the left-wing crazies run blue cities and states. To my knowledge non-citizens are only allowed to vote in local city elections, but with blue legislators in these states, it won’t be long before they will be allowed to vote in state elections. Is the average Democrat in favor of allowing non-citizens the right to vote?

In recent years, city councils in New York, Washington and three cities in Vermont have voted to legalize foreign citizen voting. They join cities in California, Illinois and Maryland that, because of a loophole in their state constitutions, also allow foreign citizens to vote.

South Carolina Senate passes citizen only voting amendment

Why would every state not follow suit with such an amendment to prevent the left-wing crazies from allowing citizens to vote in their own states? Maybe it’s because the left-wing crazies run blue cities and states. To my knowledge non-citizens are only allowed to vote in local city elections, but with blue legislators in these states, it won’t be long before they will be allowed to vote in state elections. Is the average Democrat in favor of allowing non-citizens the right to vote?

In recent years, city councils in New York, Washington and three cities in Vermont have voted to legalize foreign citizen voting. They join cities in California, Illinois and Maryland that, because of a loophole in their state constitutions, also allow foreign citizens to vote.

South Carolina Senate passes citizen only voting amendment

I'm not in favour of any non-citizens voting in any elections, although I can see some good reasons for doing so in local elections. Municipal politics are all about managing municipal services. There are no "policy decisions" being made or laws being passed, just nuts and bolts city management.

If non-citizens are allowed to vote, they won't bother becoming citizens. Why bother??? Every time a Canadian in the entertainment industry becomes a US citizen, they say that they're married, and have kids, and they want a say in their kids lives and schools, so they became citizens in order that they could vote in US elections.

Last edited:
A non issue

No state constitutions explicitly allowed noncitizens to vote in state or local elections.

All state constitutions mention United States citizenship when discussing who can vote in that state's elections.

As of March 2024, the District of Columbia and municipalities in three states allowed noncitizens to vote in some or all local elections: California, Maryland, and Vermont.

I'm not in favour of any non-citizens voting in any elections, although I can see some good reasons for doing so in local elections. Municipal politics are all about managing municipal services. There are no "policy decisions" being made or laws being passed, just nuts and bolts city management.

If non-citizens are allowed to vote, they won't bother becoming citizens. Why bother??? Every time a Canadian in the entertainment industry becomes a US citizen, they say that they're married, and have kids, and they want a say in their kids lives and schools, so they became citizens in order that they could vote in US elections.
I’m in favor of non citizens butting out if our business on all levels…..including low rent message boards.

A non issue

No state constitutions explicitly allowed noncitizens to vote in state or local elections.

All state constitutions mention United States citizenship when discussing who can vote in that state's elections.

As of March 2024, the District of Columbia and municipalities in three states allowed noncitizens to vote in some or all local elections: California, Maryland, and Vermont.

You claim it is a non issue, then list 4 places it is already an issue.:cuckoo:

You claim it is a non issue, then list 4 places it is already an issue.:cuckoo:
In very few local elections an not in SC. No state allows non citizens to vote in state elections, and of course they can't vote in federal elections across the board.

Last edited:
I’m in favor of non citizens butting out if our business on all levels…..including low rent message boards.

Yes but we've already established that you're a clueless idiot with no say in the matter, so there is that.

The right keeps focussing on the handful of municipalities which allow non-citizens to vote, is concerning. It's a bad idea, even though such elections would mean a large number of Canadians would be voting in US elections in Florida and Arizona.

I have friends who were vaccinated in Florida by Ron DeSantis when the snowbirds went south for the winter in 2021. The have a condo in the Villages. They simply showed they owned property in Florida and he treated them better than citizens. All while Florida had one of the highest rates of disease and death in the nation, costing taxpayers billions in testing and treatment, and lost GDP.

It should be obvious that criminal invaders should not have the vote. But democrats are the welfare party and know that most illegals collect welfare.

I have no issue with legal resident aliens voting in local election if the people of the city give them the right.

In very few local elections an not in SC. No state allows non citizens to vote in state elections, and of course they can't vote in federal elections across the board.

The slowly boiling frog analogy comes to mind. Don’t be so naive. This is incrementalism at work. In some cities in CA, non-citizens can vote. The reason given is that they utilize and pay for many of the amenities available in the city so should have a say. That same logic could be used at the state level. All it takes is one generation who has grown up with such laws to see it as no problem at the state level and then at the national level. Back to the slow boiling frog analogy, the best thing for the frog is to never jump into the pot in the first place.

Non-citizens shouldn’t be voting in any election in the US, local, state or national.

Forum List

Back