How America Lost its Mind

Would you honestly like to know why America is becoming less and less religious? Or are you just trolling?

When you see tens of millions of Americans literally worshipping a thief and a liar and an adulterer whose entire life revolves around acquiring wealth through fraud, greed, and lust, well then you have to have a "DUH!" moment at some point. Either that, or you are a willfully blind fool.

What is happening in America today is exactly what Alexis de Toqueville described about Europe two centuries ago.

Here you go:

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Deity than because they are the allies of government.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity; cut but the bonds that restrain it, and it will rise once more. I do not know what could restore the Christian church of Europe to the energy of its earlier days; that power belongs to God alone; but it may be for human policy to leave to faith the full exercise of the strength which it still retains.

Democracy in America, Chapter 17

The fundamentalists took a giant step backwards about 1909 ..

Adverse reaction to science and modernity. Like the Taliban... Retreat into ignorance and superstition.

Remember the Scopes monkey trial?

The Scofield heresy used to be limited to small towns on Saturday afternoons when they would drive around with loudspeakers proclaiming the end is near.

Trump does not even mention if he goes to church. Biden has said a lot of times he is a Catholic.
sounds like using the Lord's name in vain

Then there is idolatry, which God never was fond of (See Old Testament, "wrath of God")

Also see a thread in Religion on how maybe God should go Old Testament again

We are tired of the insanity

sounds like using the Lord's name in vain Then there is idolatry, which God never was fond of (See Old Testament, "wrath of God") Also see a thread in Religion on how maybe God should go Old Testament again We are tired of the insanity
Are you brain damaged? Saying, "I go to church" and I do go to church (if I were a Christian is not taking the Lord's name in vain and it is not idolatry. We are tired of your insanity.

Forum List

Back