Grilling Adventures

I think I'm going to get a weber 22
Do it. Cheap and an excellent grill. I have went through 2 of them.
I was gifted a char broiler, so i didnt get another webber yet. But the bottom is already going out on the char, so i will probably have a new weber by the end of the summer.

Pig feed prices and all meat prices are through the roof. Feed corn, rice, wheat, and oats are all almost double from pre-covid pricing. (Chocolate and coffee are there too)
Labor at the processing plants is also sky high. (What little they use) We are still feeling the fallout from the quarantines....will be for a few more years yet. Pork and poultry have dropped (by comparison) because they reproduce faster than cattle. Nothing is likely to be as cheap as it once was.
Beef prices aren't going to change for the better for a few more years yet. $5/lb for hamburger is gonna last for a minute or two. (Commodity trader during quarantines)

Argentina Beef is going to hit the market soon....it will be frozen and initially appear to be the same as USA beef....but the taste will let you know immediately its not the same. It's OK for kielbasa and etc....but steaks? Ummm....I'll pass. We are accustomed to grain fed beef....just saying.
I'd take cracker cow beef over that. They've been eating Bahia.

I can tell if beef is good or not with the 1st bite.

I tell ya what, I ain't buyin' no Walmart tube ground beef, that stuff..something's wrong with it. No flavor.

And if the ground beef is like that, I ain't buyin' their steaks either.

They're doing something wrong. Not long ago, I wanted a hamburger, so I got me some buns and a tube o'Walmart ground beef, made me a pattty and cooked it, and then I bit into it and it didn't have any beef flavor at all.

I don't plan on making that mistake again.

Last edited:
For those interested in sausages....

Just bought a pit boss wood pellet grill. Haven't used it yet. Hoping I can tolerate it. I know I can't eat anything cooked over charcoal anymore. It triggers my GERD in a big sort of way and gas, well might as well cook inside as to buy propane.

Forum List

Back