Grade every major city you have lived

God wants just two things of you... to be kind and to be happy... that's really all he wants.....
not true. Yes, he wants us to .. I won't say "kind" so much as He wants us to love, really, really love others who are less fortunate.. (mt 25:31), which means more than a warm, fuzzy feeling or even our best prayers. Sometimes you have to give up something to help someone else.

Be happy? No, if we follow God's will (which can be summed up in the word Jesus) we will NOT be happy in this world except sporadically...

That's the test of life IMO... whether we will stick to His Ways despite whatever misery or hardship comes along..

I briefly lived in San Francisco many moons ago

Back then it was a B (though I didn't stay long...)

Today, it looks like, according to reliable news sources... like an F

same as Portland, OR

This is not a country aka nation.
Nations have borders, a culture. We have neither.
Multiculture divides a nation, till it ceases to be a nation.
Nothing new all empires fall sooner or later; America just fell sooner than most.

click on image to enlarge.
View attachment 949276

thanks so much for this quote from Cicero. It should copied and pasted on everyone's refrigerator.

not true. Yes, he wants us to .. I won't say "kind" so much as He wants us to love, really, really love others who are less fortunate.. (mt 25:31), which means more than a warm, fuzzy feeling or even our best prayers. Sometimes you have to give up something to help someone else.

Be happy? No, if we follow God's will (which can be summed up in the word Jesus) we will NOT be happy in this world except sporadically...

That's the test of life IMO... whether we will stick to His Ways despite whatever misery or hardship comes along..
I don't think I completely disagree... but kindness towards others and happiness with ones life is possible to achieve... loving all is not... that's Gods job... even Jesus had his favorites...

I don't think I completely disagree... but kindness towards others and happiness with ones life is possible to achieve... loving all is not... that's Gods job... even Jesus had his favorites...
We can PRAY for all. Maybe that's the biggest reason America is so much trouble.. Christians are not praying for the entire nation... every soul. And then we can pray for the entire world while we're at it.

The rosary is a very powerful prayer. I look at it as allowing Heaven to pray with us..

There is the story of the Good Samaritan.. Most people just passed up the beat up person on the side of the road who was robbed. But the gs took care of his needs. Most people selfishly live only for Numero Uno...

Mt 25:31 says that will lead you to Hell.

Forum List

Back