Dabney Coleman dead at 92

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Dabney Coleman has passed away at age 92, it has been confirmed.

The acting legend who most recently starred in Yellowstone as the father of Kevin Costner's character John Dutton, was best known for his roles in classic movies 9 to 5, Tootsie and On Golden Pond.

Other notable roles include The Towering Inferno, WarGames and the series Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman as Merle Jeeter, as well as starring as Commodore Louis Kaestner on Boardwalk Empire.

His daughter Quincy Coleman confirmed his passing to The Hollywood Reporter.

'My father crafted his time here on Earth with a curious mind, a generous heart and a soul on fire with passion, desire and humor that tickled the funny bone of humanity. As he lived, he moved through this final act of life with elegance, excellence and mastery,' she told the outlet.

More

I always enjoyed his acting.....RIP.

Very sad news....

But life does that.

Rest In Peace Dabney.....

Thank you so much for the laughs and enjoyment.

RIP Dabney Coleman what a great character actor!

From the film "9 to 5" (1980)

1715982620588.png

Dabney Coleman has passed away at age 92, it has been confirmed.

The acting legend who most recently starred in Yellowstone as the father of Kevin Costner's character John Dutton, was best known for his roles in classic movies 9 to 5, Tootsie and On Golden Pond.

Other notable roles include The Towering Inferno, WarGames and the series Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman as Merle Jeeter, as well as starring as Commodore Louis Kaestner on Boardwalk Empire.

His daughter Quincy Coleman confirmed his passing to The Hollywood Reporter.

'My father crafted his time here on Earth with a curious mind, a generous heart and a soul on fire with passion, desire and humor that tickled the funny bone of humanity. As he lived, he moved through this final act of life with elegance, excellence and mastery,' she told the outlet.

More

I always enjoyed his acting.....RIP.
I liked him, also, all the way back to the 70s, playing McKittrick in WarGames.
A lot of that going around. Sooner or later, that gettin old thing will get you, so everybody should have fun, while they can.

Does anyone remember the TV show, Buffalo Bill or the movie “9 to 5”? Great actor but had a reputation for bad behavior on the sets.

Dabney Coleman, a Texas-born character actor who created an acclaimed gallery of comically macho throwbacks in films including “9 to 5” and “Tootsie” and TV shows such as “The Slap Maxwell Story” and “Buffalo Bill,” died May 16 at his home in Santa Monica, Calif. He was 92.

Dabney Coleman.jpg

Forum List

Back