Brexit dividend- Death of music

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Music is one of the UKs only successful industrys. Now bands are dying thru lack of opportunity. The Beatles honed their craft in Hamburg. The current bands dont have that option. We all lose.

Music is one of the UKs only successful industrys. Now bands are dying thru lack of opportunity. The Beatles honed their craft in Hamburg. The current bands dont have that option. We all lose.
Communist thicko Turdy with another made- up piece of garbage .

3 or 4 bands out of 14 trillion honed their trade in Hamburg .
But Turdy thinks 3-4=14 trillion .

Remember when Turdy replied that , God is a lemon because that is how he (Turdy )always feels ?
Big clue .

Last edited:

The European Union was started in 1993, long after the Beatles broke up.

They honed their craft without the EU.

It has always been difficult to make a living in the Arts, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Presumably, the best will rise to the top, so the failure of scores of mediocre music-makers is a non-event.

My sympathies go out to the large number of people who spend their early years honing their skills as classical pianists, violinists, and so on, then have absolutely nowhere to go when they reach adulthood. I support a local "symphonic orchestra" which plays wonderful music, but only a dozen or so of them actually make a living at it, as school Music instructors and such.

And these people have real talent, as opposed to many in the Garage Band world.

The European Union was started in 1993, long after the Beatles broke up.

They honed their craft without the EU.

With respect , No .

Not even Wiki lies for a change :-

--- the development of the European Union has been based on a supranational foundation that would "make war unthinkable and materially impossible" and reinforce democracy amongst its members as laid out by Robert Schuman and other leaders in the Schuman Declaration (1950) and the Europe Declaration (1951). This principle was at the heart of the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) (1951), the Treaty of Paris (1951), and later the Treaty of Rome (1958) which established the European Economic Community (EEC) and the European Atomic Energy Community (EAEC).

It has always been difficult to make a living in the Arts, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Presumably, the best will rise to the top, so the failure of scores of mediocre music-makers is a non-event.

My sympathies go out to the large number of people who spend their early years honing their skills as classical pianists, violinists, and so on, then have absolutely nowhere to go when they reach adulthood. I support a local "symphonic orchestra" which plays wonderful music, but only a dozen or so of them actually make a living at it, as school Music instructors and such.

And these people have real talent, as opposed to many in the Garage Band world.
These people face the same obstacles as the bands.

Forum List

Back