10 Real-Life Examples Of Why American Measurements Are Better Than The Communist Metric System

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
10 Real-Life Examples Of Why American Measurements Are Better Than The Communist Metric System
LIFE·May 18, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

Should we measure things in inches or centimeters? Pounds or kilograms? Miles or whatever it is they use in Europe? The answer is clear: we should use American units as God intended. The metric system was invented by Communists to overthrow capitalism and institute a New World Order. Luckily, America has stood as the last bastion of sanity with our awesome measuring units (with some Canadians and British helping out here and there, though they have compromised with the heathens).

Here are 10 real-life examples of why the American way is better:

The length of an average foot

article-664906a3303ec.jpg

American units: 1 foot.

Metric units: 0.0003048 kilometers.
This makes literally no sense.

A cup of coffee

article-66491195beb4b.jpg

American units: 1 cup.

Metric units: 236.588 milliliters
. Also it's probably disgusting tea.

The weight of a single potato

article-664900962414f.jpg

American units: 1 potato. Sensible and clear.

Metric units: 34 decigrams or something? Terrible. What does that even mean?

Distance to the local Buc-ee's

article-6649080f6cbc2.jpg

American units: About 10 minutes down 35. If you hit the third gun range you've gone too far.

Metric units: "What's a Buc-ee's?"
America is the clear winner here yet again.

Beer you take to a party

article-664901786f55a.jpg

American units: A 6-pack.

Metric units: 2130 milliliters.
So dumb. "Hey fellas, I'll pick up 2130 milliliters at the liquor store on the way over. Let's party!" Awful.

Fuel capacity of your big pickup truck

article-664912ea2dcc0.jpg

American units: 350 gallons

Metric units: 56.4 Liters or something?
Gaaaaaay! Also, the truck is probably illegal and you just take the Communist train to work or "walk" to "help the enivronment" laaaame.

Fahrenheit 451

article-66490f265b4e2.jpg

American units: Fahrenheit 451. Clean. Precise. Accurate.

Metric units: Willyknickers 26748.46299. Is this a hot temperature? A cold one? Who knows?

Distance from home plate to the pitcher's mound

article-6649102b3bfb8.jpg

American units: 60 feet, 6 inches. As God designed it to be.

Metric units: Does not even have baseball. Only has soccer. And you know what? In soccer, they don't even say "zero" right. They say "nil." And they call it "football", so you even have to convert the name of the sport. Because of the metric system. Because of wokeness.

Measurement of how obnoxious someone is

article-664910da607a3.jpg

American units: 1 douche. Easy to remember and also funny to say.

Metric units: 3.27 Simon Cowells. Just try doing that conversion in your head. You can't. It's impossible.

Flock of geese

article-6649140abd3e4.jpg

American units: 1 flock.

Metric units: 23.8 Knickywacker Honkyfarthings.

OK, we rest our case. If you think the metric system is useful for anyone other than math nerds and dorky scientists pouring chemicals into beakers, then you're probably a Communist. What's your favorite American unit of measurements? Let us know in the comments.

Here we call them "Metric" and "Imperial". Glad to see you recognise that the Old English system was excellent and that the Revolution against His Imperial Majesty was a mistake.

Gets a bit awkward though with the Avoirdupois system; how many grains in your coffee, please? A little dram of this??

I like both. Working on my old mercury outboards I use Imperial while my Yammy and on my Yanmars I use Metric

1716071525430.png

Greg

Convert miles to kilometers and the world famous Indy500 becomes the Indy804. Be careful what you wish for.

Forum List

Back